Our Run Director James had to cancel the parkrun this morning due to severe weather that hit the bay just before we were due to start. There was a water spout and lightning.
It is always a tough call to cancel an event, we all love to run, but everyone's safety is paramount and our policy is to cancel for strong wind or lightning and both of these turned up at the wrong time today - so to cancel was the only decision we could take.
I understood some people choose to run as a 'freedom' run and if you did so then please log your times using the link in the email you get (results or newsletter).
Weather permitting we will be back next week
PS A big thank you to James and our Volunteers today who had everything ready to go and had to pack up when it was cancelled