We ask all participants, volunteers and spectators to register their details by scanning this QR code before or after each parkrun event.
On Saturday 28th November 2020 most parkruns are scheduled to restart in Queensland, including at Wynnum
We will be subject to a few additional measures for covid-19. The important ones are...
- Don't attend if you do not feel well, have travelled overseas in last 14 days, been in contact with someone with covid-19 or have been in a covid-declared hotspot in last 14 days
- Please travel to parkrun by foot, bicycle, or private transport
- Listen quietly to the short Run Brief and be ready to start as soon as it finishes
- Keep your distance from others where possible, respect other people's space
- Use the QR code we will provide for contact tracing, more details to follow
- No spitting or high-fiving on the course
- At the end show your own athlete barcode and finish token to the volunteer from a distance, and place your barcode in the tub provided so we can sanitise it for next week
- Support your children to socially distance and follow the new rules
The parkrun Virtual Volunteer App has been improved to make the scanning and timing roles easier. The Run Director will show volunteers what to do but please make sure you have the app installed on your phone if you are a scanner or a timer. We also supply sanitiser for the volunteers to use.
We look forward to seeing you parkrun or volunteer back at Wynnum soon.
Thanks, Alan & Roisin - Event Directors Wynnum parkrun
Wynnum is not allowed to hold additional parkruns on Christmas Day or New Years Day. We will be holding regular parkruns on all Saturdays through the holiday period.
To see which other local parkruns are holding additional events please look here https://www.parkrun.com.au/special-events/
Wynnum is not allowed to hold additional events on Christmas and New Year's day, but we will be holding our regular Saturday parkruns on every Saturday in December 2018 and January 2019. There will be other options of running at nearby parkruns on those special days so I am sure we will see some of you out there.
If you want to celebrate Christmas with us a few days early then come along to our special run on 22nd December 2018 and dress up in Tutu or Santa Suit if you wish and share some festive treats with us.
Alan & Roisin - Event Directors
Wynnum parkrun will be cancelled on Saturday 11th November 2017. There is a Remembrance service taking place for the NASHOS at 7am at Darling Point. So out of respect for those attending the Remembrance service, and for the safety of both those attending the service and those taking part in parkrun, we are cancelling parkrun at Wynnum for next week only.
People wanting to go to a parkrun next Saturday morning can go to other nearby events like Minnippi, Wishart, Mansfield, Capalaba, Cleveland, Sirromet or Redland Bay. There are now 250 parkruns in Australia each week so we have plenty of choices.
Wynnum will be back on 18th November, which is the same day our newest neighbouring parkrun will start at Lota, so on 18th you will have even more local choice
See you soon, Alan & Roisin - EDs Wynnum parkrun