The course is 5000m (5K) long. The run takes place at Wynnum Manly Foreshore, QLD. The course is run on tarmac and concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wynnum parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wynnum parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Wynnum parkrun in a larger map
A run out and back along the bayside paths. Turning first at Breakwater Park and again just before Manly. Start and finish between the two pergolas to South of Wynnum Wading pool. The course is very flat, so should be a good course for a fast time.
From the start point, head South East towards Bayside Park at Manly. Turn around by purple 5000 steps signpost at triangle of grass before Bayside Park. Head back along same route, passing the starting point, and continuing to turnaround point 2 at Breakwater Park. There will be a small temporary parkrun turn sign out for the duration of the parkrun. Head back past the Wading Pool to the start/finish point.
Toilet facilities are available at the start/finish and midway points. There are also plenty of water fountains at start/finish and along route.
Location of start
The run starts from between the 2 pergolas to the South of Wynnum Wading pool.
Getting there by public transport
Train: Catch a Cleveland line train to Wynnum Central station. The Wynnum parkrun is an easy 750m walk away.
Bus: Bus 220 stops at Pandanus beach, a short distance away (but checks bus times with Translink, as bus does not currently run early on Saturday morning).
Getting there on foot
From Wynnum Central station, or the main shopping area, walk to end of Florence Street then turn right onto Wynnum Esplanade and Wading pool will be on the left hand side. Edith Street and Clara Streets also lead down from shopping area onto Wynnum Esplanade and the bayside. The parkrun is alongside the Moreton Bay Cycleway (MBC) for easy access by bicycle.
Getting there by road
Head to Wynnum Esplanade, opposite junction with Clara Street in Wynnum. There is plenty of free parking in bays, Pandanus car park, and along Wynnum Esplanade and surrounding streets
Post Run Coffee
Please join us for a post run coffee at Pelicans Nest, on Wynnum Esplanade opposite Wading Pool.