Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Presidents Park, Wyndham Vale. The course is run entirely on concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Wyndham Vale parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Wyndham Vale parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is an out-and-back course.
It starts at the end of the walking path that leads from the carpark on McGrath Road, Gate 3. The start line and finish are located on this path about 10 metres from the Hockey Club building.
From the start line head straight for about 140 m and the turn right at the T-intersection.
Then head south towards the lake, making sure to keep the lake on your left, and then continue left to go anticlockwise around the lake.
Follow the path north past the cluster of trees on your left, and then take the first right to follow a short section of path (approx. 16 m) towards the river where you will take another quick right and head south, parallel to Werribee river, towards Heaths Road and Shaws Bridge.
Keep to your left as you approach Shaws Bridge where you will encounter a gentle slope down underneath the bridge and a gentle hill back up on the other side.
Continue following Werribee river south approximately 500 m with the river on the left and Outlook Drive on your right.
Keep to your left at the fork as the path slopes down. Follow the path down the slope and along the river for about 240m until you reach the turnaround point, then follow back the same way you came.
Continue back towards Shaws Bridge with Werribee river now on your right and Outlook Drive on your left.
Follow the same path back under Shaws Bridge and keep to your right after the slight hill on the north side of the bridge.
Travel approximately 600m with the Werribee river now on your right and then take the first left and then another quick left to travel south back towards the original lake path taken prior.
Once you pass the cluster of trees (this time on your right) stay right as you travel clockwise around the lake towards the finish line.
Once you pass the lake you will turn left at the T-intersection and run 140m to the finish line.
Public toilets, large free car park with disabled spaces available.
Location of startThe run starts at the end of the walking path that leads from the carpark on McGrath Road, Gate 3.
The start line and finish are located on this path about 10 metres from the Hockey Club building.
Getting there by public transportFrom Geelong: Take V-line train to Wyndham Vale Station (26 mins).Take Bus Route 166 from Wyndham Vale Railway Station (4 mins).
From Melbourne CBD: Take V-line train to Wyndham Vale Station (34 mins).Take Bus Route 166 from Wyndham Vale Railway Station (4 mins).
From Hoppers Crossing: Take Bus Route 166 from Hoppers Crossing Station (21 mins). Get off at stop Aneta Way/Halladale Ave (Wyndham Vale).
Getting there on footFrom Wyndham Vale Station
- Walk south on Academy Way towards Scholar Dr 450 m
- Turn left onto Manor Lakes Blvd 850 m
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Bacchus Marsh-Werribee Rd/Ballan Rd/C703 (1.3 km)
- Turn left onto Bolton Rd (400 m)
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto McGrath Rd
- Destination will be on the right 600 m
- Presidents Park, Entrance 3, McGrath Road
Getting there by roadIf using SATNAV, the nearest postcode is 3024
From East of the park take Heaths Road over Shaws Bridge and then take the third exit out of the roundabout onto McGrath Road and look for Gate 3 (approximately 700 m on the right).