The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Artarmon Reserve, Artarmon. The course is run on a mixture of grass and paths . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Willoughby parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Willoughby parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionWe start on the grass on the eastern side of Artarmon Reserve, heading clockwise to complete an ‘inner’ lap of the reserve before completing an ‘outer’ lap around the back of the oval along the path. After passing the clubhouse on the 2nd lap participants turn left and head up Cordia Way with a signed and marshalled turnaround point under the Artarmon Road overpass. Head back towards the oval keeping left, then out under the Gore Hill Freeway turning left towards the city. Following the shared walking/cycling path east towards Illoughby Leisure Centre, participants will head along south of WLC, past the Henry Lawson Cave, through the Aboriginal Art Work tunnel and around the path to the left. Follow this path where upon reaching a flower bed, round and turn back. On the return, take a left just prior to reaching the oval, cross a wooden bridge and then continue on the path to start/finish line. All turns are sign posted and marshalled.
Male and female toilets at Artarmon reserve, water bubblers along the course, parking is Free however spaces are limited, children’s play area, cricket nets.
Location of startThe event starts on the grass on the eastern side of Artarmon Reserve.
Getting there by public transportTrain to Artarmon Station exiting on the east side ? turn right and walk down to the end of Burra Road.
Bus stops on Hampden Road (Artarmon Shops) Near train station. Cross the train station turn right and walk down to the end of Burra Road.
Getting there on footArtarmon Reserve is approximately 12 min (850m) walk from Artarmon Station.
Getting there by roadIf using SATNAV, the nearest postcode is 2064.
From Sydney CBD: Continue on George St, turn right at Market Street, right onto Clarence St, continue on Bradfield Hwy, take the Willoughby Road Exit towards Crows Nest, turn right onto Willoughby Road, left onto Artarmon Road, left on to Cooney Road, left on the Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From St Leonards: Continue on Pacific Hwy, turn left on to Herbert St, continue along Hampden Road, at the roundabout take the 2nd Exit on to Brand St, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Elizabeth St, continue along Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From Lane Cove: Continue on Longueville Road, veer left onto Pacific Hwy, turn left onto Pacific Hwy, right onto Mowbray Road, right onto Hampden Road, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Brand Street, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Elizabeth St, continue along Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From Chatswood: Continue on Anderson St, turn right onto Anderson Street, turn right on to Albert Ave, left on to Orchard Road, veer left onto Elizabeth St Chatswood, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Elizabeth Street Artarmon, continue alone Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
There is strictly NO parking on Burra Road between Harden Road and the Oval. Please park in the car park or further down Burra Road towards the train Station.
Artarmon Reserve has limited car parking spaces. Please cycle, walk, jog or car share to Artarmon Reserve.