The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Artarmon Reserve, Artarmon. The course is run on a mixture of grass and paths . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Willoughby parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Willoughby parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
This is a 1 lap, clockwise course out and back. Starting and finishing on the oval at Artarmon Reserve.
The course is primarily flat with slightly undulated areas out and back.
There narrow walking paths with bollards and cycle lanes to be aware of. Once off the grass, runners must stick to walking paths (single file unless overtaking) at all times
The course starts on the oval in Artarmon Reserve, then heads clockwise around the back of the oval to complete one full lap then heads off to the left out to the first turn-around point under the Artarmon Road (Flat Rock Creek) underpass. Runners head back towards the oval keeping left then out to the freeway, the under the Gore Hill Fwy. Following the walking path towards Willoughby Leisure Centre. Runners will run along the bottom of Willoughby Leisure Centre pass the Henry Lawson Cave, under the Aboriginal Art Work tunnel around to the left. Runners will then run until they reach a flower bed round about and run back. On the runners return they will take a left when they reach the oval and finish on the grass on the oval at Artarmon Reserve in front of the carpark.
Male and female toilets at Artarmon reserve, water bubblers along the course, parking is Free however spaces are limited, children’s play area, cricket nets.
Location of startThe run starts on the oval at Artarmon Reserve.
Getting there by public transportTrain to Artarmon Station exiting on the east side ? turn right and walk down to the end of Burra Road.
Bus stops on Hampden Road (Artarmon Shops) Near train station. Cross the train station turn right and walk down to the end of Burra Road.
Getting there on footArtarmon Reserve is approximately 12 min (850m) walk from Artarmon Station.
Getting there by roadIf using SATNAV, the nearest postcode is 2064.
From Sydney CBD: Continue on George St, turn right at Market Street, right onto Clarence St, continue on Bradfield Hwy, take the Willoughby Road Exit towards Crows Nest, turn right onto Willoughby Road, left onto Artarmon Road, left on to Cooney Road, left on the Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From St Leonards: Continue on Pacific Hwy, turn left on to Herbert St, continue along Hampden Road, at the roundabout take the 2nd Exit on to Brand St, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Elizabeth St, continue along Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From Lane Cove: Continue on Longueville Road, veer left onto Pacific Hwy, turn left onto Pacific Hwy, right onto Mowbray Road, right onto Hampden Road, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Brand Street, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Elizabeth St, continue along Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
From Chatswood: Continue on Anderson St, turn right onto Anderson Street, turn right on to Albert Ave, left on to Orchard Road, veer left onto Elizabeth St Chatswood, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Elizabeth Street Artarmon, continue alone Burra Road. Enter Artarmon Reserve Carpark at the end of Burra Road. Strictly resident parking only on on Burra Road.
There is strictly NO parking on Burra Road between Harden Road and the Oval. Please park in the car park or further down Burra Road towards the train Station.
Artarmon Reserve has limited car parking spaces. Please cycle, walk, jog or car share to Artarmon Reserve.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Everyday Canteen, 11 Elizabeth St, Artarmon - please come and join us!