Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Whitfords Nodes Park, Hillarys. The course is run on a mixture of permanent paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Whitfords Nodes parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Whitfords Nodes parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionStarting from the eastern perimeter footpath near the main car park, participants run south along the path before joining the main shared path and heading north for approximately one kilometre, before turning around and heading south for one and a half kilometres before turning left at the cadets building at the southern tip of the park and left again to head into the dunes on the path. Once in the dunes, participants take a right and a left at the signs and exit the dunes left to start lap 2 heading north. Turning around at the same point as lap 1, participants head south until they re-enter the park, taking a left at the sign at the playground, then a right to run past the start area and finish halfway up a small hill at the flags.
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
There is a toilet block within 100 metres of the start and finish areas; and there are multiple water taps on course and within the park. There is a large children's playground within 50 metres of the start area and approximately 150 metres from the finish area.
Location of startThe event starts at the flags, approximately 20 metres south of the main car park and approximately 50 metres east of the large children's playground.
Getting there by public transportTake the 423 bus from Stirling or Warwick train station, getting off at Hillarys Boat Harbour/Sorrento Quay. Walk north for 200m and take the cycle path into Whitfords Nodes park, then keep heading north for 300m through the park until the middle, looking for the barbeques, toilet block and parkrun flags.
Getting there on footFrom Hillarys Marina, walk north past the boat ramps and the Fisheries building into Whitfords Nodes park. The start area is in the main part of the park, approximately 250 metres north of the cadets building and 50 metres east of the main children's playground. Look for the parkrun flags.
From the main car park off Whitfords Avenue (entrance approximately 500 metres north of Hillarys Marina), walk 20 metres south into the park, near the playground. Look for the parkrun flags.
Getting there by roadGet off the Mitchell Freeway at Hepburn Avenue and head West. Go all the way to the coast, turning right (north) at the main roundabout with West Coast Highway. Travel approximately 500 metres and at the second roundabout where the signs show "Whitfords Nodes", turn left into the car park.
Parking is at either the north end of the park in the main Whitfords Nodes carpark off Whitfords Avenue (approximately 600m north of the Hepburn Avenue roundabout) or at the south end of the park on Northside Drive next to the Navy Cadets facility.