Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Lake Pertobe adventure park, Pertobe Road, Warrnambool. The course is run on a mixture of walking trail paths, grass and bridges . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Warrnambool parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Warrnambool parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionWarrnambool parkrun is a 5km out and back course that begins and finishes in the Lake Pertobe Adventure Park, with the course running east alongside the lake before joining up with the Lake Pertobe Trail. The course crosses 2 bridges before turning right and running in an anticlockwise direction with the course then following the trail around the back of Lake Pertobe. The course continues down the back straight of Lake Pertobe, comes to a small rise before continuing down through 1 chicane and then on to the pathway alongside the Merri River. The course then U-turns and follows the same track back to the start/finish area at Lake Pertobe.
BBQ facilities and sheltered seating, public toilets, free parking including disabled parking, children’s playground.
Location of startThe event starts in the Lake Pertobe Adventure Park.
Getting there by public transportThe Lake Pertobe Loop bus leaves hourly from 6:50am at the Koroit Street interchange and stops at the Pertobe Road Kiosk.
The Warrnambool rail station is approximately 1200m from the start line of Warrnambool parkrun with Lake Pertobe being accessed from the station via a short walk in an easterly direction and then turning right (south) into the Lake Pertobe area.