Event number 177
16th July 2016
Do you like your parkruns served cold?
This week there were 201 runners, of whom 12 were first timers and 23 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 17 different athletics clubs took part. Thank you very much to our talented and committed group of volunteers for organising this week's event: Hilary CALDWELL, Denise CLARKE, Elizabeth DALY, Andrew DENNY, Glen FORSTER, Cathy LOWES, Michele MCDONALD, Joseph SOKAC, Andrew WAYE, Libby WERNER-GIBBINGS, Jude WOLFE and Rose YOUNG. We couldn't have done it without you.
This week was a popular one for milestones. The following runners joined the 50 club:
- Henry ILLINGWORTH notched up his 50th parkrun with a typically blistering time. Henry has travelled to parkruns across Canberra, and also made the trip to Ballarat where he set one of his quickest times (missed a PB by a second or two), and has volunteered three times with us.
- Stuart GORHAM is, in Gary's words, a "parkrun purist", completing all of his 50 parkruns in Tuggeranong.
- Geoff WILLIAMS, also a parkrun purist from Tuggeranong and our local Ironman, completed his 50th parkrun, volunteering five times along the way.
- Nathan BEASLEY, another local with all his runs in Tuggeranong, joined the 50 club today.
The following runners qualified for their black parkrun shirt with their 100th run:
- Bede WEBSTER is making my life difficult with the number of different parkrun events he has attended - let's just say that there are 13 different parkruns on his list - joined the club today, having volunteered 7 times.
- Caitlin DELANEY has reached her 100th parkrun in addition to volunteering an impressive 9 times.
- Laurence ROBINSON, another parkrun traveller with 5 different events to his name, completed his 100th parkrun today.
Congratulations to all who reached a new milestone today!
Henry ILLINGWORTH (JM15-17) (Unattached) was first over the line in 16:45 - 11th time in 47 appearances.
Tomas KRAJCA (SM25-29) (Unattached) was second over the line in 16:57 - has been first to finish on 3 previous occasions.
Wes FRASER (VM35-39) (Unattached) was third over the line in 18:06 - was first to finish once before.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Nigel ENGLAND (ACT Veterans AC) 1710 pts.
John YOUNG (Unattached) 1346 pts.
Lyndon STOREY (Unattached) 1319 pts.
Emma DUNN (JW11-14) (Unattached) was first (10th overall) over the line in 19:35 - 5th time in 9 appearances.
Bronwyn CALVER (VW45-49) of Speedy Geese, was second (30th overall) over the line in 22:45 - has been first to finish on 4 previous occasions.
Judy BOWE (VW50-54) (Unattached) was third (34th overall) over the line in 23:12.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Tracie SCARLETT-ARUNDELL (Running Mums Australia) 1688 pts.
Bronwyn CALVER (Speedy Geese) 1678 pts.
Natalie SHADWELL (Unattached) 1564 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Henry ILLINGWORTH (JM15-17) was graded 83.08% for the time 16:45 (first overall).
David CLARKE (VM55-59) was graded 82.05% for the time 19:13 (8th overall).
Emma DUNN (JW11-14) was graded 81.53% for the time 19:35 (10th overall).
Tuggeranong parkrun started on 23rd February 2013, and since then 4,081 different runners, including participants from 123 athletics clubs, have completed 34,535 runs covering a total distance of 172,675 km, and there have been 6,843 new Personal Bests.
The female record is held by Natalie ARCHER who ran in a time of 00:17:17 on 17th January 2015 (event number 100).
The male record is held by Martin DENT who ran in a time of 00:14:46 on 11th May 2013 (event number 12).
The Age Grade course record is held by Susan ARCHER who recorded a 92.96% run (22:29) on 31st January 2015 (event number 102).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Tuggeranong parkrun Results Page.