The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Studley Park Boathouse, Boathouse Rd, Kew. The course is run on a mixture of paved paths and gravel trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Studley parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Studley parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The course heads east from the Boathouse and completes a small 1km loop before crossing the pedestrian bridge into Yarra Bend Park. Follow the path to your left along the river for 2km, then turnaround. On your return leg, do not repeat the first loop, instead turn right after the bridge and continue onto the finish.
Toilets and 2 shelters with BBQ’s on site. Free car parking available at Boathouse carpark or across the river in Yarra Bend Park.
Childrens playground and mini golf course 5 min walk away in Yarra Bend Park.
Location of startThe run starts from the Boathouse.
Getting there by public transportTrain: Victoria Park Station on the Hurstbridge and South Morang line is about a 20 min walk away.
Bus: Metro Bus Route 200 and 207 stop on Studley Park Rd, then a short 5 min walk to Boathouse.
See the PTV website for journey times.
Getting there on footThe Main Yarra Trail, Merri Creek Trail and Capital City Trail all join at the course turnaround point.
Getting there by roadEnter Studley Park Boathouse into your SATNAV.
If travelling from the CBD or West enter Yarra Boulevard from Studley Park Rd.
If travelling from the East, enter Yarra Boulevard from Walmar St.
Follow the signs to Studley Park Boathouse, enter Boathouse Rd from Yarra Boulevard.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Studley Park Boathouse Café - please come and join us!