Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Sirromet Wines, Mount Cotton. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths, grass and bitumen . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Sirromet parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace. SAFETYMESSAGE
We hope these tips help to ensure that Sirromet parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is a hilly out-and-back course throughout the grounds of the beautiful Sirromet Wines. The course passes plenty of scenery, wallabies and wildlife. There are directional markers around the course to guide runners. The terrain varies from grass & dirt/gravel to a small section of bitumen.
Parts of the route may be unsuitable for buggies, please contact the event team in advance to discuss the course.
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
No food or drinks are to be brought onto the grounds, other than bottled water.
Please be mindful of wildlife as you enter the Sirromet property and follow speed limit signs, there are quite a few wallabies and they may be on the roads.
Our meeting area is on the grass hill in front of the Tuscan Terrace Cafe.
Note: Children under 11 years are not permitted to be left alone at the playground while parents/guardians are participating in the parkrun.
There are 2 main carpark areas, which have directional signs as you enter the property. Please DO NOT park near Restaurant Lurleen's
Toilets and a water fountain can be found next to the Tuscan Terrace which is next to the gathering area.
Location of startThe event starts next to the Tuscan Terrace cafe.
Getting there by public transportThere are no public transport options for this parkrun.
Getting there on footNot applicable
Getting there by roadAs this parkrun is in a rural area, please watch out for wildlife on the road and especially as you enter the Sirromet grounds.
From Valley Way/Mt Cotton intersection (approx. 5mins): Head North/West on Mt Cotton road until you see the Sirromet Wines signs approx. 5.5km on the right.
From Capalaba (approx. 15mins): Head south on Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 45 towards Pittwin Rd S. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 21/State Route 45. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 21/State Route 45. Turn right onto Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 45, destination will be on the left.
Brisbane (approx. 30 mins): Continue onto Pacific Motorway, Take exit 11-Klumpp Road-Mains Road for Klumpp Road, Merge onto Klumpp Rd, Continue onto Dawson Rd, Slight left onto Mount Gravatt-Capalaba Rd, Continue onto Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 21. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 21/State Route 45. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 21/State Route 45. Turn right onto Mount Cotton Rd/State Route 45, destination is on the left.