Singleton parkrun thanks the volunteers that made the event possible this week:
Audrey BUCKLEY • Ben DE SOMER • Courtenay BATTERHAM • Grant ROBERTSON • Julene GUNN • Kelly THOMAS • Laura BARBEN • Laurie DUGGAN • Tracey KNIGHT
* Newy parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by Throsby Creek on Arnold St, Carrington.
* Lake Mac parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Edwards Park, Booragul.
* Fingal Bay parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting at Fingal Bay Surf Life Saving Club.
* Blackbutt parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by the Pond Shelter in Richley Reserve Blackbutt (off Freyburg St New Lambton). This parkrun presents a challenge of hills and trails for runners looking to add a new dimension to their parkrun. Council have asked participants to park in the Richley Reserve carpark to avoid offending neighbours: A small fee applies which is used to maintain the park.
* Maitland parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Walka Water Works.
* Lakeview parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Green Point Reserve, Belmont.
* Mt Penang parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Mt Penang Gardens, Kariong.
* Blue Gum Hills parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Blue Gum Hills Regional Park, Minmi. Starting 6th September.
* Visit Run Newcastle for more local events.
Ben FULLER (VM35-39) of Runlab, was first over the line in 17:52 - first appearance.
John WATSON (VM45-49) (Unattached) was second (third overall) over the line in 18:32 - was first to finish once before.
Dominic HARROD (SM20-24) (Unattached) was third (4th overall) over the line in 19:58.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Scott KIME (Unattached) 458 pts.
Laurie DUGGAN (Unattached) 429 pts.
Mick DEAVES (Unattached) 414 pts.
Celia SULLOHERN (SW20-24) of The Naked Runners, was first (second overall) over the line in 18:29 - first appearance.
Rebecca ROUND (SW30-34) (Unattached) was second (14th overall) over the line in 22:06.
Meaghann COFFEY (SW20-24) of Singleton Track and Field Club, was third (15th overall) over the line in 22:10.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Salli AVARD (Unattached) 451 pts.
Laura BARBEN (Unattached) 400 pts.
Sarah LAND (Unattached) 392 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Celia SULLOHERN (SW20-24) was graded 80.07% for the time 18:29 (second overall).
John MCLAIN (VM70-74) was graded 77.69% for the time 23:59 (28th overall).
John WATSON (VM45-49) was graded 76.53% for the time 18:32 (third overall).
This week there were 180 runners, of whom 62 were first timers and 60 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 8 different athletics clubs took part.
Singleton parkrun started on 23rd August 2014, and since then 434 different runners, including participants from 15 athletics clubs, have completed 844 runs covering a total distance of 4,220 km, and there have been 194 new Personal Bests.
The women's record is held by Celia SULLOHERN who ran in a time of 00:18:29 on 2014-09-20 (event number 5).
The men's record is held by Ben FULLER who ran in a time of 00:17:52 on 2014-09-20 (event number 5).
The Age Grade course record is held by Celia SULLOHERN who recorded a 80.07% run (18:29) on 20th September 2014 (event number 5).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Singleton parkrun Results Page.