The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Churchill Park, Rockingham. The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Rockingham parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Rockingham parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Rockingham parkrun in a larger map
An ‘out & back’ course, runners start on the multi-use pathway which runs between the beach and Churchill Park near the Peace Pavilion. They then head north-east along the foreshore path and continue through Bell Park, then through the Rockingham Beach Reserve, following the path through the dunes. Runners then enter the Naval Memorial Park by veering left off the path to follow the fence line. Heading straight up, runners continue past the toilet block, before turning around at the lamp post centrally located in Governor Stirling Reserve to run back past the other side of the toilet block. Runners then head straight back down to the easterly edge of the submarine tower before returning back to the path and returning to the finish line at Churchill Park.
The beachside start/finish area is nestled amongst the ‘café strip’ of Rockingham, with the choice of many cafés and restaurants in very close proximity. Toilets and water fountains are located at the start/finish area, as well as at several locations along the course.
Location of start
The run starts on the multi-use pathway which runs between the beach and Churchill Park near the Peace Pavilion.
Getting there by public transport
Bus No 555 stops at the corner of Railway Terrace near the intersection with Rockingham Beach Road. This service runs from Rockingham Train Station, including Saturday mornings.
Getting there on foot
Rockingham parkrun start is near the intersection of Railway Terrace and Rockingham Beach Road, at the area known as the ‘Boardwalk’.
Getting there by road
Head up Patterson Road, towards the beach. At the Kent Street traffic lights, keep out of the left hand lane (left turn only) continuing straight through to Railway Terrace. Parking can be found here, or else turn right onto Rockingham Beach Road for angled street parking.
Alternatively, there is a large car park behind the Rockingham Hotel, and smaller ones off of Rockingham Beach Road.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in a local café - please come and join us!