Welcome back everyone! How good is it to be together again by our beautiful bay on a gorgeous Saturday morning for a huge boost of positive energy! Thanks for joining us.
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Redland Bay parkrun Results Page. Photos are available on our facebook page.
- 126 parkrunners completed our gorgeous 5km course (with a lovely high tide)
- 20 were first timers at Redland Bay, with 11 of those completing their very first parkrun - well done!
- 14 people achieved a new PB - Byron Rigby, Whyatt Kelly, Rob Whitewood, Lainie Groundwater, Aden Kelly, Stephanie Gandy, Deb Miller, Amanda Dalrymple, Katrina Muller, Bailey Johnston, David Gandy, Helen Glover, Glenda Hepplewhite and Harrison Gerrard. Awesome effort from all of you!
- One of our regulars, Bec McVay, completed her 100th parkrun milestone, after a very long wait, thanks to our pandemic pause! Bec has run 77 of her parkruns with us at Redland Bay, 15 at Cleveland, 7 at Sirromet and 1 at Surfers Paradise. Bec's been parkrunning since 2017 and has volunteered 14 times. Congratulations Bec and welcome to the black shirt milestone club!
The event was made possible by 12 volunteers - thank you to these awesome people who delivered our event today. Thanks also to our core event team members who helped with setup and all those who helped with pack-up. We have a fabulous community!
Cheryl LAWIE • Paul MAYO • Claire HENSLER • Felicity LARITZ • Neil SCHMIDT • Beryl SCHMIDT • Cherylee GERRARD • Nicola OATES • Mark OATES • Kym MARKINSON • Alexa OATES • Harrison GERRARD
Congratuations to these wonderful parkrunners:
- Male, junior and overall: Tom Cockerill, JM15-17, 19:46. This was Tom's first visit to Redland Bay (as he's playing cricket here today). Well done Tom!
- Female: Lainie Groundwater, VW45-49, 22:39 (new PB - well done Lainie)
- Age grade: Linda Meredith, VW65-69, 25:57, 79.32%. Awesome effort Linda!
- Female: Katinka VON ELSNER-WELLSTEED who recorded a time of 18:40 on 8th July 2017 (event number 5).
- Male: Patrick HAGAN who recorded a time of 16:28 on 6th July 2019 (event number 110).
- Age Grade: Peter REEVES who recorded 84.56% (19:39) on 22nd September 2018 (event number 69).
Redland Bay parkrun started on 10th June 2017. Since then 2,738 participants have completed 14,259 parkruns covering a total distance of 71,295 km, including 2,416 new Personal Bests. A total of 285 individuals have volunteered 1,548 times.