A warm morning by the bay with lots to be grateful for. Thank you to everyone who joined us and brought such beautiful energy to our gorgeous gathering space.
- 104 people ran, jogged and walked the course,
- 11 were first timers
- 8 recorded new Personal Bests,
- we welcomed visitors from Wynnum, Cleveland and Main Beach,
- representatives of 9 different clubs took part.
Today we also farewelled Julian and Tina Heelis, who are heading back to the UK for a while. Julian is one of our Run Directors (part of our core event team), and Tina delivers delightful yoga classes at Redland Bay on Sunday mornings which many of our parkrun people take advantage of. We will miss their beautiful smiles and peace-filled energy and thank them for the wonderful difference they have made in our community. We wish them a safe journey, and look forward to welcoming them back to the bay in the future.
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Redland Bay parkrun Results Page. Photos are available on our facebook page (no login required). Please make sure you check in for COVID contact tracing each time you visit us.
Well done to all of these awesome people for their achievements today:
- First finisher: Brad Hall, SM20-24, in 17:31
- First junior finisher: Whyatt Kelly in 21:49. This week at Capalaba State College Whyatt was named Sportsman of the Year 2021, which is an awesome result. Great work Whyatt!
- First female: our lovely Lainie Groundwater in 23:02
- Best age grade: Sue Lipplegoes, one of our visitors today from Main Beach. Sue has completed a whopping 334 parkruns, but this was her first at Redland Bay. Well done Sue in a time of 27:02 with an age grade of 76.14%.
- Joining the 100 parkruns milestone club today was Daniel Bischa - well done Daniel. Daniel has run 80 of his parkruns with us at Redland Bay, 11 at Sirromet, and has various tourist runs. Daniel has also volunteered 9 times. We look forward to seeing that black shirt proudly on display soon.
- Earning their red shirt today was mother-son duo Peta and Oscar Yarwood, who both completed their 50th parkrun. Well done guys. Their gorgeous fur-baby Wicket also joined in the fun, for his birthday.
- While there is no milestone shirt for this, we had two legends running their 150th parkrun: Rob Groundwater and Graeme Reynolds. Well done gents - we think that's pretty special!
- Congratulations to the following people who achieved a new PB today: Michael Pollard, Danny Rigoni, Samuel McNeill, Belinda Kliese, Gabriel Downs, Harrison Gerrard, Nicole Smith and Siobhann Unwin. Well done guys!
The event was made possible by 14 volunteers - thank you to these awesome people who generously gave of their time and energy this morning. It's also a Happy Birthday to Pam Fletcher who was our Golf Club marshal this morning! Last week one of our special people also snuck in his 25th Volunteer milestone, earning the purple shirt - well done Eric Opoku-Nti.
Cheryl LAWIE • Pam FLETCHER • Deb ADAMS • Eric OPOKU-NTI (V25)• Felicity LARITZ • Diane PITT • Neil PITT • Simone MAGUIRE • Bennett JACKSON • Karen MAGUIRE • Tony EVERINGHAM • Matthew WILKS • Harrison PULLIN • Jen NICHOLLS
Our future roster has plenty of vacancies - please let us know if you can help out.
Records & History
- Female: Katinka VON ELSNER-WELLSTEED who recorded a time of 18:40 on 8th July 2017 (event number 5).
- Male: Patrick HAGAN who recorded a time of 16:28 on 6th July 2019 (event number 110).
- Age Grade: Peter O'SULLIVAN who recorded 86.39% (18:44) on 29th May 2021 (event number 172).
Redland Bay parkrun started on 10th June 2017. Since then 3,413 participants have completed 19,022 parkruns covering a total distance of 95,110 km, including 3,130 new Personal Bests. A total of 359 individuals have volunteered 2,095 times.