Another stunning morning by our gorgeous bay for parkrun #185 at Redland Bay. Brilliant blue skies, glorious sunshine, a low tide and a gentle breeze welcomed our parkrunners.
- This week 67 people ran, jogged and walked the course.
- 4 people were first timers, with 3 of those running their very first parkrun
- 14 people recorded new Personal Bests.
- Representatives of 7 different clubs took part.
- We welcomed visitors from Hervey Bay, Underwood Park and Meadowbrook.
- We celebrated the birthday of Caroline Pollard (one of our barcode scanners today). Sincere best wishes for good health, peace and happiness, and thanks for starting your birthday with us!
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Redland Bay parkrun Results Page. Photos are available on our facebook page.
Please remember to check in for COVID contact tracing each time you visit us.
Our first finishers today were:
- Male, junior and overall: Byron Rigby in a speedy time of 19:52
- Female and best age grade: Deb Miller in 26:17, with an age grade of 72.8%.
Well done Byron and Deb!
Congratulations to the following people who achieved a new PB today:
Mitch Muscat, Thomas Kliese (Junior), Nigel Smith, Ross Beamish, Brock Harvey, Christina Reynolds, Donna Turner, Aidan Scott (Junior), Jenn Andrew, Siobhann Unwin, Rhiannan Scott, Lola Robinson (Junior), Carlo Papa and Heather Grant. Well done all of you!
The event was made possible by 11 volunteers - thank you to these wonderful people. Eric stepped up on the day and the Pollard family had 3 out of 4 members volunteering again - such amazing support for our parkrun community.
Cheryl LAWIE • Paul MACDONALD • Kirsty CUTAJAR • Michael POLLARD • Caroline POLLARD • Ella POLLARD • Eric OPOKU-NTI • Neil SCHMIDT • Mark OATES • David KYTIC • Rochelle ALLEN
Our future volunteer roster is available here - we'd love to hear from you if you can help out.
Records & History
- Female: Katinka VON ELSNER-WELLSTEED who recorded a time of 18:40 on 8th July 2017 (event number 5).
- Male: Patrick HAGAN who recorded a time of 16:28 on 6th July 2019 (event number 110).
- Age Grade: Peter O'SULLIVAN who recorded 86.39% (18:44) on 29th May 2021 (event number 172).
Redland Bay parkrun started on 10th June 2017. Since then 3,355 participants have completed 18,514 parkruns covering a total distance of 92,570 km, including 3,074 new Personal Bests. A total of 347 individuals have volunteered 2,017 times.