An overnight shower and a high tide delivered a beautiful morning by our lovely bay for parkrun #184. Thanks to everyone who joined us to start the weekend with an awesome boost of positive energy.
- 53 people ran, jogged and walked the course.
- 5 were first timers, with 4 running their very first parkrun ever!
- 7 legends recorded a new Personal Best time at Redland Bay.
- Representatives of 5 different clubs took part.
- We welcomed visitors from Mansfield and Cleveland.
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Redland Bay parkrun Results Page. Photos are available on our facebook page (look for the album with #184 and 4 September 2021). Please remember to check in for COVID contact tracing each time you visit us.
The event was made possible by 11 volunteers - thank you to these generous and helpful souls:
Aline BARNETT • Cheryl LAWIE • Steve LAWIE • Felicity LARITZ • Kym MARKINSON • David KYTIC • Aden KELLY • Racheal KELLY • Tejay KELLY • Helen GLOVER • Matthew WILKS
There are plenty of vacancies on our future roster - if you can help us please let us know (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
First Finishers & PBs
- Male and overall: David Carnell in 19:27 on his first visit to Redland Bay. Well done David!
- Female: our lovely Lainie Groundwater in 23:10. Lainie also achieved today's best age grade with 71.51%. Well done Lainie!
- Junior: Byron Rigby, with a new PB of 19:34 and an age grade very close to best at 71.12%. Well done Byron!
The following people achieved a new PB today: Byron Rigby, Leanne Papas, Eleanor Collett, Claire Robson, Isaac Robson, Alicia Kotynski and Anna Bamber. Well done guys!
Records & History
- Female: Katinka VON ELSNER-WELLSTEED who recorded a time of 18:40 on 8th July 2017 (event number 5).
- Male: Patrick HAGAN who recorded a time of 16:28 on 6th July 2019 (event number 110).
- Age Grade: Peter O'SULLIVAN who recorded 86.39% (18:44) on 29th May 2021 (event number 172).
Redland Bay parkrun started on 10th June 2017. Since then 3,351 participants have completed 18,447 parkruns covering a total distance of 92,235 km, including 3,060 new Personal Bests. A total of 346 individuals have volunteered 2,006 times.