Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Gosling Creek Reserve, Orange. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and gravel trails. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Orange parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Gosling Creek Reserve has a strict "No Dogs" policy. Unfortunately you won't be able to bring your dog to Orange parkrun. Sorry!
We hope these tips help to ensure that Orange parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis one lap, predominantly clockwise course starts at the children’s playground within Gosling Creek Reserve and heads west, towards Forest Road car park. About 10 metres from the car park, take a sharp right and travel back towards the Bargwanna Road carpark. Do not exit to Bargwanna Road. Follow path around to right, taking left fork towards the weir. Path turns to gravel and travels along the northern side of Gosling Creek reservoir.
Coming off the gravel, turn left onto asphalt. Continue on, taking the left fork up the small hill. Take a left turn to the gravel track, then sharp left down to the boardwalk over the creek and follow the gravel track along the southern side of the reservoir. This is a short out and back section.
Return over the boardwalk and take a left turn, crossing under Forest Road via a narrow bridge to a bush track loop. Keep left. Continue back under Forest Road and up the hill. Turn left off the gravel track onto asphalt. Take the next left and continue straight ahead all the way back to playground finish.
This is an all-terrain course containing gravel, asphalt and mild undulations.
In extreme weather we use an alternative course, please watch our Facebook page for updates.
This two lap, predominantly anti-clockwise course, starts at the children’s playground within Gosling Creek Reserve and heads west, towards Forest Road. Continue until you reach a T-intersection, turning left before continuing east along the northern edge of the lake. At the weir, turn left and then right to run parallel to Bloomfield Road. Turn left just prior to the Forest Road carpark and then take the first right to commence the second loop of this course. The second lap varies slightly in that a right turn will be taken at the T-intersection before looping around to the left and joining the track on the northern edge of the lake.
At the end of the second loop, beyond the Forest Road carpark, the track continues straight ahead towards the finish at the playground. For both courses, the finish is within 50 metres of the start.
Marshalls we be in place at significate intersections.
Gosling Creek Reserve has a strict "No Dogs" policy. Unfortunately you won't be able to bring your dog to Orange parkrun. Sorry!
Toilets, disabled toilets, children’s play area, gas barbecue, picnic areas, off-leash dog park in Bloomfield Park adjacent to Gosling Creek (off Bargwanna road car park), further parking along Bloomfield Road. Parking off Bloomfield Road (near Forest Road) and in Bargwanna Road.
Location of startThe run starts at the children’s playground within Gosling Creek Reserve.
Getting there by public transportNo public transport is available to the site.
Getting there on footGosling Creek is approximately 5.5 kilometres from the intersection of Peisley and Summer Streets in Orange. There is no footpath along the Peisley Street from Franklin Road lights. After crossing Huntley Road traffic lights you will find a paved walking track inside Jack Brabham Park. Follow this for approx. 1 kilometre, past Orange Health Service and arrive at Bargwanna Road crossing over into Gosling Creek Reserve (beware of traffic) and follow pathway to start.
Getting there by roadGosling Creek Reserve is approx. 5.5km south of Orange. Drive along Peisley Street which turns into Forest Road. Continue past Orange Health Service (hospital), take the first left after Orange Agricultural Institute, into Bloomfield Road. Gosling Creek Reserve is on your right.
There are two car parks. Please consider other drivers and park as close to the next car as possible. Please do not park at angles making it difficult for others to park or leave after the event. Please consider carpooling.
- Western entrance: turn right from Bloomfield Road immediately into Gosling Creek carpark. Follow entrance path approximately 200 metres until you reach playground/toilets.
- Eastern entrance: continue along Bloomfield Road, and take the next right into Bargwanna Road. From this car park, keep Bloomfield Road on your right and enter Gosling Creek Reserve following path approx. 400 metres to playgrounds/toilets.
From Millthorpe/Blayney: travel towards Orange. On Forest Road, just past Rural Fire Service/Cadia Road turn off (5km from Orange), turn right into Bloomfield Road.