Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is in North Shore, Burdell. The course is run entirely on footpaths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The North Shore parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that North Shore parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
- The course starts at the Auditorium, in North Shore Town Square, Main Street, North Shore
- From the start line, continue along the path, past the rear of the Community Center, crossing over a wooden foot bridge
- The course then turns left, past the Orange Tree through The Common
- The course then turns right, continuing adjacent to Marquise Circuit towards North Shore Blvd
- Once at North Shore Blvd, turn right and cross Saunders Creek Bridge, then loop back beneath the bridge to cross under North Shore Blvd
- Stay on this footpath keeping to the right, continuing along the east side of Osterlund Park
- Follow the path to the left, past the children's play area
- Keeping to the left continue back along the west side of Osterlund Park,
- Turning right, continue adjacent to Osterlund Place, towards the creek
- Once at the children's play area, loop around the park and turn right, returning back along the path adjacent to Osterlund Place
- Take the first path to the right continue over another wooden foot bridge
- Turn right at the top of the path, and continue back under North Shore Blvd
- Head back over the Saunders Creek bridge and then return to the start/finish line via the same outgoing route
Location of startThe run starts at the Auditorium, in North Shore Town Square, Main Street, North Shore.
Getting there by public transportBus: Sunbus runs regular services along the Bruce Highway into Main Street, with a bus stop also available from North Shore Shopping Centre. For details, check their website.
Taxi: Taxis are available on demand. Please phone 131008.