Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at North Harbour Heritage Park, Morayfield. The course is run on a mixture of grass and trail paths . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The North Harbour parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. Please be aware that only sturdy cross-country type prams will cope with the cross-country terrain of the course. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that North Harbour parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionAn out and back course through the Heritage Park and adjoining farmland, predominantly on grass with small trail sections following the Caboolture river. The start and finish is close to the main car park.
Dogs are not allowed at this event.
There will be port-a-loos at the start/finish area for participants to use.
Location of startThe runs starts close to the main car park.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footN/A
Getting there by roadEnter the North Harbour estate at the Northern end of Buckley Road, Burpengary East. Turn left on to Moreton Bay Boulevard and at the second roundabout take the second exit to enter the 1.2km long gravel access road to the North Harbour Heritage Park.
Park in the main Heritage Park car parking area (gravel) at the end of the gravel access road.