The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Meadowlands Rd, Carina. The course is run entirely on shared bike paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Minnippi parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Minnippi parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Minnippi parkrun in a larger map
The course starts from a covered picnic table near the carpark. It is an easy flat course that follows along the Bulimba Creek, with lovely grassy green outlook, heading towards Minnippi Lake. You them complete two clockwise laps of the lake before returning to the start.
There are toilets located;
1) Near the starting area, through the carpark towards the gym equipment area along Meadowlands Rd.
2) Near the topside of the lake.
1) Near the starting area
2) Near the 2km on the loop of the lake.
Location of start
The run starts from a covered picnic table near the carpark.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: The only bus route that travels Meadowlands Rd on a Saturday is the 204, please see this link for more details.
Please get off at Epala st and walk the additional 400m along Meadowlands to the park. Otherwise there is no service along this road to be there for a 7am start
Getting there on foot
Easy walking paths through the area and along Meadowlands Rd.
Getting there by road
Access along Meadowlands Rd ? 2 car parking spots, one near the starting area, and one further up with approximate 100m walk along bike paths to start area.
There is limited street parking and Meadlowlands Rd can be a very busy road, please be road safe.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at a mobile coffee van on site - please come and join us!