The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Parc Menai, Menai. The course is run entirely on path. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Menai parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Menai parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
This is a two loop course. Completing one lap of Parc Menai then joining the walking track toward Menai Rd. Join the overpass and hookback onto the bike track/path on Menai Rd heading East. Turn right into Forestgrove Drive and follow the path for 300m where you’ll find the turnaround. Head back the same way and repeat for a second lap.
Toilets, Kids play equipment, free parking, undercover.
Location of startThe run starts in Parc Menai.
Getting there by public transportBus: From Sutherland Bus Interchange. Stand A take the M92 and alight near the Caltex Service Station. 2min walk to park (15min)
From Sutherland Bus Interchange. Stand A take the 962 to Allison Cres near Macmahon Plc. 2min walk to park (15min)
From Bankstown Interchange. Stand B take the M92 and alight near the Menai Fire Station. 5min walk to park (35min)
Getting there on footMenai Parc is located just across from Menai Marketplace and has ample parking available.
Getting there by roadTurn off Menai Rd at the main roundabout (Menai Rd and Allison cres) and head toward McDonalds and Menai Market Place. Take the righthand exit at the smaller roundabout (McDonalds should be on your left) Menai Parc/Skate park will be on your right where you’ll find plenty of parking.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Menai Marketplace - please come and join us!