Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Mawson Lakes, South Australia. The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths, sandstone paths and bitumen paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Mawson Lakes parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Mawson Lakes parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionMawson Lakes parkrun is an out and back course with the start and finish just metres from the local café and shopping precinct. The course utilises the Technology Park business precinct side of the lake and then diverts out onto the linear park trail which runs alongside the creek. Out past the heritage listed Elders farmhouse and alongside the creek to the turnaround point.
We then come back via the wooden footbridge over the creek and back around the lake to the main lake footbridge. The finish traverses the footbridge and from this point the runners are in full view of the finish line and friends and family for the last few minutes of the run.
There are four different public toilet facilities all within a few hundred metres of the start. There is a department store, a supermarket, three more cafes, a library and children’s play equipment area and public park all with a few hundred metres. Mawson Lakes train and bus transport interchange is approx.
Location of startThe run starts just metres from the local café and shopping precinct.
Getting there by public transportVia train - Mawson Lakes is accessible via the Gawler and Gawler Central lines from Adelaide City.
Via bus numbers
501 (from Adelaide CBD / Paradise Interchange)
225 (from Adelaide CBD or Salisbury Interchange)
225F (from Adelaide CBD or Salisbury Interchange)
238 (from North Adelaide)
411 (from Salisbury Interchange)
565 (from Ingle Farm)
Getting there on footFrom any point within Mawson Lakes, either Mawson Lakes Boulevard or Main St are readily accessible, continue on either of these roads to the intersection that they share.
From Mawson Lakes train and bus interchange , take Metro Parade until it intersects with Main St , turn right onto Main St and follow it down the intersection with Mawson Lakes Boulevard.
Getting there by roadFrom Adelaide take the A1 until the Gepps Cross intersection and turn onto the A52 (Main North Road). Stay on the A52 for 4.2 kilometres then turn left onto Mawson Lakes Boulevard. Stay on Mawson Lakes Boulevard for approx. 900 metres to the intersection of Mawson Lakes Boulevard and Main St, which is adjacent start/finish line. Coordinates for the start / finish are 34°48'41.99"S 138°37'2.95"E
Ample parking is available at Technology Park, the Mawson Lakes shopping centre, the primary school and University/Library. All of this parking is within 500 metres of the start line.