Congratulations to all 176 parkrunners who completed today's 5km course in Maribyrnong parkrun event #153!
Thank you to our volunteers who made the event possible - Joanne ACHKAR, Dermot COFFEY, Gina DENHOLM, Michael HOUGH, Elise MANN, Paul MCLAREN, Sara NELSON, Paul WILKIE and Chris WOOTTON.
Thank you too to everyone who helped our 2 parkrunners who fell today - we hate to see any injuries happen but the response from other parkrunners was fantastic.
Photos from today's event are available on our Facebook page.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Congratulations to Natasha Sickling, Jacinta Psaila and Genevieve Trevaskis for reaching major milestones in their parkrunning today!
Natasha joined the parkrun Junior 10 Club by completing her 10th parkrun today, at Maribyrnong. Jacinta and Genevieve joined the parkrun 50 Club by completing their 50th parkruns today - Jacinta at Maribyrnong and Genevieve with some parkrun tourism at Parkville.
Well done Natasha, Jacinta and Genevieve! - we hope to see you in your milestone t-shirts in the near future!
Congratulations go to these parkrunners who set new Personal Bests today at Maribyrnong:
- Andrew Carey (18:12, an improvement of 00:05)
- Liam Johnson (18:54, an improvement of 00:06)
- Simon Haigh (19:31, an improvement of 00:19)
- Adam Schwab (19:43, an improvement of 00:26)
- Greg Green (21:40, an improvement of 00:51)
- Nick Ashley (22:45, an improvement of 03:33)
- Stephan Cox (23:12, an improvement of 00:01)
- Charles Barrett (23:17, an improvement of 00:21)
- Natasha Davies (23:23, an improvement of 02:10)
- Mike Pelly (23:39, an improvement of 00:14)
- Joanne Barrett (24:03, an improvement of 01:05)
- Lucia Frazzetto (24:06, an improvement of 00:13)
- Elly James (24:25, an improvement of 01:54)
- Miranda Howe (24:26, an improvement of 04:53)
- Catherine Grbic (24:46, an improvement of 01:14)
- Leandro Rosales (25:26, an improvement of 01:42)
- Kim Gomez (25:42, an improvement of 00:24)
- Brendan Casey (26:24, an improvement of 00:24)
- Nicole Looker (26:57, an improvement of 00:41)
- Patrick Psaila (27:43, an improvement of 00:16)
- Renee Roggenkamp (28:06, an improvement of 00:37)
- Sally Chapman (28:23, an improvement of 01:29)
- Belinda Lingham (28:37, an improvement of 01:45)
- Louis Bravos (28:41, an improvement of 16:09)
- Sam Meehan (29:06, an improvement of 00:56)
- Karen House (29:43, an improvement of 00:20)
- Natalie Gilbertson (29:50, an improvement of 00:29)
- Meg Davies (29:52, an improvement of 01:30)
- Lynne Macdonald (31:15, an improvement of 01:03)
- Fiona O'Byrne (31:37, an improvement of 00:34)
- Emiliano Soto Almaraz (32:44, an improvement of 03:12)
- Bruce McDowall (35:15, an improvement of 00:28)
- Sandra De Brincat (35:36, an improvement of 01:10)
- Lucy Walkom (36:02, an improvement of 01:07)
- Caitriona McGrann (38:12, an improvement of 02:12)
The Cold Hard Facts
This week 176 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 23 were first timers and 35 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 17 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 9 volunteers:
Michael HOUGH • Sara NELSON • Chris WOOTTON • Paul WILKIE • Gina DENHOLM • Paul MCLAREN • Dermot COFFEY • Joanne ACHKAR • Elise MANN
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Maribyrnong parkrun Results Page.
Sean HELMOT (VM40-44) of Melbourne Midday Milers, was first over the line in 17:16 - first appearance.
Andrew CAREY (SM30-34) (Unattached) was second over the line in 18:12.
John BOHM (VM35-39) (Unattached) was third over the line in 18:32 - was first to finish once before.
Zoe HEATH (SW30-34) (Unattached) was first (16th overall) over the line in 21:26 - 13th time in 36 appearances.
Natasha DAVIES (SW25-29) of Westerfoldians, was second (31st overall) over the line in 23:23.
Cindy AUBREY (SW30-34) of Running Medical Mums, was third (32nd overall) over the line in 23:31.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
Sean HELMOT (VM40-44) – 80.21% for the time 17:16 (first overall).
Owen SNOWDON (VM60-64) – 73.67% for the time 21:58 (21st overall).
Adam SCHWAB (VM45-49) – 73.63% for the time 19:43 (10th overall).
The female record is held by Charlotte WILSON who recorded a time of 00:17:35 on 18th March 2017 (event number 136).
The male record is held by Liam ADAMS who recorded a time of 00:14:22 on 18th March 2017 (event number 136).
The Age Grade course record is held by Liam ADAMS who recorded 90.02% (14:22) on 18th March 2017 (event number 136).
Maribyrnong parkrun started on 23rd August 2014. Since then 3,207 participants have completed 20,040 parkruns covering a total distance of 100,200 km, including 4,046 new Personal Bests.