Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Riverside Park, Lismore. The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Lismore parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Lismore parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionLismore parkrun is a 3-lap course ran in a clockwise direction which commences under the Ballina Street Bridge, near Riverview Park. From the starting point participants will head north on the grass up a slight hill for 150 metres, before continuing along the path to the first turn around point near a tree. From turnaround point 1, parkrunners will ‘keep to the left’ and follow the path up a slight incline and through some ‘S’ bends to turn around point 2, and again keeping left, turn left at the Norco monument and start to head towards the Ballina Street bridge. Follow the footpath south as it gently winds along the Wilsons River, under the bridge, past the boat ramp until turnaround point 3 just after the metal bollard near Barrie Street. Head back north along the same path, past the boat ramp and just after the bridge take the left hand path (keep left), when near the Norco monument follow the path to the left. Continue to head back towards turnaround point 1 and commence the second lap.
After completing your third lap and travelling past the Norco monument, take a left turn between the two trees and run back down along the grass back to the start/finish line. In total there is approximately 14 metre gain of elevation throughout the course, with some gentle undulation.
Toilets (disabled toilets), undercover areas, water bubblers, children’s playground. Parking is available in Riverview Park, as well as along Victoria Street and Market Street.
Location of startThe run starts under the Ballina Street Bridge, near Riverview Park.
Getting there by public transportNo public buses available until after 8am, for more information visit the Buslines website.
Lismore Taxis are available for pickup and drop off, with a rank located at the transit centre, which is the northern end of the course.
Getting there on footFrom the Lismore Memorial Baths (Molesworth Street), walk west along Market Street, turn left onto Victoria Street and head south. After the skate park, turn right and go over the grass hill and into Riverview Park.
Getting there by roadIf travelling from Ballina: follow Bruxner Hwy/Ballina Rd west to Lismore/Casino. Turn right onto Molesworth Street, left into Market Street and left into Victoria Street and follow it towards the Wilson river, turn right into Riverview Park carpark.
If travelling from Casino: follow Bruxner Hwy east to Lismore/Ballina. Turn left onto Molesworth Street, left into Market Street and left into Victoria Street and follow it towards the Wilson river, turn right into Riverview Park carpark.
If travelling from Byron Bay: travel south along Bangalow Rd until the Ballina Rd/Bruxner Hwy roundabout. Turn right follow Ballina Rd/Bruxner Hwy in a westerly direction towards Casino. Turn right onto Molesworth Street, left into Market Street and left into Victoria Street and follow it towards the Wilson river, turn right into Riverview Park carpark.