An overcast morning might have encouraged many to stay in bed today but the cooler temperature didn’t stop 203 parkrunners turning up to get 5k in. No winds meant for pleasant running and walking conditions. Unfortunately there were quite a few 'Unknown' runners this week, including our first runner. So don't forget your bar codes next week.
Awesome achievements: Congratulations to everyone who managed a new Personal Best time this week, with a special shout-out to anyone who has already completed more than 30 local events (10 for juniors):
It was all the Junior parkrunners this week:
- Jaydan Wigney, JM15-17 (42 parkruns/38 Local): Jaydan reduced his time by a further 24 seconds for a new time of 19:28.
- Lucas Hays, JM11-14 (40 parkruns/32Local): With a 3rd PB of the year, Lucas knocked off a further 16 seconds to set a new time of 21:41.
- Emily Hoogenboom, JW10 (34 parkruns/34 Local): With her 2nd PB in two weeks, Emily took a further 1 minute 17 seconds off her previous best to set a new time of 37:08.
Volunteering: Parkrun does not happen without the assistance of volunteers and we still have a number of vacancies in the coming weeks. Please head to https://www.parkrun.com.au/lillydalelake/futureroster/ for the future roster page and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired role and date.
The Weekly Stats Report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 6,225 participants have completed 55,308 parkruns covering a total distance of 276,540 km, including 8,493 new Personal Bests. A total of 568 individuals have volunteered 3,938 times.
This week 203 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 10 were first timers and 21 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 17 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 15 volunteers:
Sarah LOVE • Rebecca HEASMAN • Andrew MATHERS • Dan BEARD • Lisa HALFYARD • Monika BROWN • Andrea SWINBURNE-JONES • Elise HEASMAN • Samantha CARDWELL • Sally STEPNIEWSKI • Danni WEBB • Lily HALFYARD • Alexandra STOTT • Megan WATTS • Tracy DE
- Julie Norney Petrie (VW50-54) - 19:27
- Elka Mallon (VW40-44) - 22:45
- Amelia Finnegan (SW25-29) - 23:38
- Thierry Lamarque (VM35-39) - 18:22
- Henry Martin (SM20-24) – 18:35
- Brendan Walker (VM40-44) - 18:48
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Julie Norney Petrie (VW50-54) 88.35%
- Helen Stanley (VW65-69) 87.03%
- Carolyn Rosenbrook (VW55-59) 76.80%
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by Zak PATTERSON who recorded a time of 14:45 on 9th March 2019 (event number 256).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.