As we head into the last third of Autumn the weather continues to get cooler, especially in the half hour before parkrun starts. So thankyou to the volunteers who were out there setting up. The cooler temps didn’t stop 223 parkrunners turning up to get 5k in. And wow, what a finish we had. The first three to cross the line separated by only 1 second each.
Awesome achievements: Congratulations to everyone who managed a new Personal Best time this week, with a special shout-out to anyone who has already completed more than 30 local events (10 for juniors):
- Logan McDonald, JM15-17 (13 parkruns/13 Local - Junior): With a 1st PB since 2019, Logon improved his time by 20 seconds in achieving a 20:57
- Quinn Hardy, JM11-14 (15 parkruns/13 Local - Junior): When the young get older, they get faster. With a 1st PB since 2016, Quinn knocked a massive 6 minutes off his PB to set a new time of 28:21
- Max Scobie, JM10 (30 parkruns/17 Local - Junior): Continuing this weeks theme of Junior PB’s Max recorded his 2nd consecutive PB, setting a new mark of 31:50 – a 31 second improvement
- Emily Hoogenboom, JW10 (33 parkruns/33 Local - Junior): Clearly the Juniors are enjoying the cooler weather. With her first PB since 2019, Emily took 1 minute off her previous best to set a time of 38:25
- Luke Yeatman, VM45-49 (45 parkruns/39 Local): 5 consecutive PB’s – Impressive. Luke set a new time of 17:22 – an improvement of 26 seconds
- Jacinta Hanscamp, SW20-24 (56 parkruns/49 Local): 1st PB since 2018 but it was a big one. Jacinta improved her time by 3:36 for a new best of 29:43
- Jay Border, VM35-39 (78 parkruns/75 Local): 4th consecutive PB and 7th for the year. Jay reduced his time by a further 15 seconds for a new time of 20:24
The Weekly Stats Report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 6,215 participants have completed 55,105 parkruns covering a total distance of 275,525 km, including 8,472 new Personal Bests. A total of 566 individuals have volunteered 3,923 times.
This week 223 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 19 were first timers and 28 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 21 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 15 volunteers:
Paulette KINNEAR • Debbie WOODS • Elka MALLON • Dodge CRAWLEY • Kylie DEALY • Naomi WALLACE • Des KEUKEN • Phil GRINYER • Joshua HELLEMA • Dave CORDINGLEY • Maria TWISK • Samantha CARDWELL • Katie HELLEMA • Rowena MCNAMARA • Tracy DE
- Dan Beard (VM45-49) - 17:20
- Henry Martin (SM20-24) – 17:21
- Luke Yeatman (VM45-49) - 17:22
- Laura York (SW30-34) – 21:09
- Atsuko Sasaki (VW50-54) - 22:37
- Julia Watson (JW15-17) - 23:12
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by Zak PATTERSON who recorded a time of 14:45 on 9th March 2019 (event number 256).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.