Oh it was sooo wet this week! Well done for everyone who turned up in those conditions (an impressively large number of you), and special welcomes to our first-timers this week, showing great dedication for your first ever parkrun! And of course, thanks to our poor volunteers this week who still managed to smile and encourage us throughout - you were amazing:)
Congratulations to our newest members of our elite parkrun milestone clubs - we had two 'double' celebrations this week:
- Mother and son duo Sarah Boschen and Joshua Radley have both reached 100 parkruns!
- Sarah started with us June 2016, and has run 54 of her 100 with us, as well as tourist runs to Mullum Mullum (41 times), Wilson Botanic, Westerfolds, Phillip Island, Warrnambool, Main Beach (QLD) and Darwin (NT) parkruns. Her current best time is 26:09, and she has volunteered 4 times.
- Josh started with us in May 2016, and has completed 59 events with us. He has run 36 times at Mullum Mullum (including his 100th run), and also visited Wilson Botanic, Westerfolds, Phillip Island, Main Beach (QLD) and Darwin (NT) parkruns. His current PB is 22:52, and he has volunteered 7 times.
- Des Keukun wasn't satisfied with one milestone, but completed two significant milestones in the same week! Des volunteered as tailwalker last week, for his 100th event and also his 25th volunteer turn. Des has completed 91 events with us, and also visited Cobram, Ballarat, Pakenham, Berwick Stprings, Hobart (Tas), Railton (Tas), Devonport (Tas) and Cairns (Qld) parkruns. His current best time is 34:08, and his volunteer roles have been spread across tailwalking, pacing, photographer and run report writer. Des's wonderful volunteering record and support for others saw him awarded our joint Parkrunner of the Month award last month. Thanks Des!
This week's amazing performances:
It's hard to believe, but 11 people still managed new PBs this week, in heavy rain! Our special mentions in this report are reserved for those who have already completed 30 or more local parkruns (10 local events for juniors), and it's the juniors who showed the rest of it how it's done this week:
- Iskander Abu Taleb (18 parkruns, JM11-14): Iskander took a whopping 49 seconds off his previous best time, to set a new record of 32:28. Great running!
- Thomas Koole (11 parkruns, JM15-17): Ok, Thomas might have only run 9 of his 11 at Lillydale Lake, but we'll stretch our criteria for getting a new PB in those conditions! Thomas improved by 13 seconds to register his 3rd PB in 4 runs, so well worth a shout-out.
- Christmas: Yes, we are holding a Christmas Day parkrun again this year! Join us at the same time, same place on a TUESDAY for your chance to get into calorie credit before the big lunch. Rumour has it that a jolly fat fellow may make a return appearance...
- And watch this space for an announcement in the next few weeks about our family Xmas party...
- Charity walk: Dont forget this weekend our regular runner Josh Hellema will be walking around Lillydale Lake for 24 hours to raise money for Southern Cross Kids Camps (a charity giving abused and neglected kids here in our community a week of happy memories). So when you see Josh or his team during your parkrun, make sure you offer support and encouragement for this mammoth effort:)
As mentioned above, thanks to our wonderful volunteers for doing such a great job this week. Our photos are from Kylie Lomax, who didn't take *too* many selfies lol!
The weekly stats report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 4,091 participants have completed 33,883 parkruns covering a total distance of 169,415 km, including 5,720 new Personal Bests. This week 133 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 11 were first timers and 11 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 12 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 11 volunteers: Martin KING • Helen MOORE • Sarah LOVE • Mak SAWA • Debbi WEAVER • Darren MOORE • Kylie DEALY • Sotty FIORENZA • Sally STEPNIEWSKI • Suzanne BURNETT • Kylie LOMAX
- Dan Beard (VM40-44) - 17:33
- Paul Allardice (VM40-44) - 19:00
- Brad Gossit (VM35-39) - 19:04
- Danni Webb (SW30-34) - 22:41
- Kylie Dealy (SW30-34) - 22:49
- Elka Mallon (VW35-39) - 23:32
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Dan Beard (VM40-44) - 79.58%
- Anne McPherson (VW60-64) - 77.29%
- Gennine Lamb (VW55-59) - 73.23%
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by Tim NORTON who recorded a time of 14:54 on 17th February 2018 (event number 200).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.