We appreciate the effort our volunteers put in, and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their efforts. This week we have to thank:
Andrew MCCALLUM • Anne PETTIGREW • Brett MURRAY • Catherine MACKAY • Des SUTHERLAND • Elizabeth MCKENSEY • Emma MCCALLUM • Famke MCCALLUM • Jasmine MUDFORD • Josien MCCALLUM • Leah STEVENS • Lloyd WOOLLETT • Michelle LEWIS • Noah MCCALLUM • Rebecca MONAHAN • Renee SCHOFIELD • Tony PARKER
Event 90 photos thanks to Anne Pettigrew.
* Newy parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by Throsby Creek on Arnold St, Carrington.
* Fingal Bay parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting at Fingal Bay Surf Life Saving Club.
* Blackbutt parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by the Pond Shelter in Richley Reserve Blackbutt (off Freyburg St New Lambton). The fourth Region of Runners parkrun presents a challenge of hills and trails for runners looking to add a new dimension to their parkrun. Council have asked participants to park in the Richley Reserve carpark to avoid offending neighbours: A small fee applies which is used to maintain the park.
* Maitland parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Walka Water Works.
* Lakeview parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Green Point Reserve, Belmont.
* Mt Penang parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Mt Penang Gardens, Kariong.
* Singleton parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Rose Point Park, Singleton.
* Blue Gum Hills parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Blue Gum Hills Regional Park, Minmi.
* Maryville Magic Mile, held on the first Monday of every month at 6:00pm, starts by the "Drop in the Ocean" children's playground on the waterfront path at Maryville.
* Visit Run Newcastle for more local events.
Matt HUTTON (SM30-34) of Newcastle Flyers, was first over the line in 16:55 - 5th time in 20 appearances.
Kyle Andrew PINKERTON (SM20-24) of Newcastle Flyers, was second over the line in 19:04 - was first to finish once before.
Paul COOPER (VM35-39) (Unattached) was third over the line in 19:36.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Jason BECKER (Unattached) 8385 pts.
Kevin THORPE (Newcastle Flyers) 7123 pts.
John DOYLE (Unattached) 6694 pts.
Danielle HART (VW40-44) (Unattached) was first (11th overall) over the line in 20:37 - 13th time in 56 appearances.
Renae BROCK (VW35-39) (Unattached) was second (12th overall) over the line in 20:39.
Catherine Jane WARD (VW35-39) (Unattached) was third (24th overall) over the line in 22:02.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Danielle HART (Unattached) 8713 pts.
Judy BIRCH (Unattached) 7808 pts.
Melanie MADDISON (five30runners) 7075 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Matt HUTTON (SM30-34) was graded 76.45% for the time 16:55 (first overall).
Danielle HART (VW40-44) was graded 74.62% for the time 20:37 (11th overall).
Renae BROCK (VW35-39) was graded 72.88% for the time 20:39 (12th overall).
This week there were 353 runners, of whom 51 were first timers and 72 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 15 different athletics clubs took part.
Lake Mac parkrun started on 9th February 2013, and since then 3,976 different runners, including participants from 57 athletics clubs, have completed 21,097 runs covering a total distance of 105,485 km, and there have been 5,577 new Personal Bests.
The women's record is held by Steph AUSTON who ran in a time of 00:17:19 on 2014-08-30 (event number 84).
The men's record is held by Scott WESTCOTT who ran in a time of 00:14:49 on 2013-06-22 (event number 20).
The Age Grade course record is held by Robyn BASMAN who recorded a 92.33% run (19:21) on 13th September 2014 (event number 86).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lake Mac parkrun Results Page.