Twas a very good day to get moving doing Jells parkrun. What a morning. We had the Evolve run club visit, one of their team was first finisher Dion Finocchiaro (who also happens to hold the Australian 50km record of 2:50:49). The sun kept trying to shine on the 155 folks completing the 2 lake side laps. Special congratulations go to our newest 100 Milestone member – Kristi Lloyd – who also managed a Jells PB to mark the occasion. Well done to Kristi!! Reminder to come along and celebrate Jells parkrun #300 next weekend. There will be pacers for this event to help you to power those hills and get a PB – pick your pace or ..try a new pace!!
#299: All the numbers you need
16 Volunteers – Yay for our Vollies - get involved folks!
8 First timers to any parkrun – see you next time!
27 First time tourists & visitors to Jells parkrun
22 Jells personal best times were recorded
16 Different running clubs were represented
We have seen your MILESTONE accomplishment and want to shout “CONGRATULATIONS from the top of Yabbie Hill!”
- Kristi Lloyd (100) 38 parkruns visited in this epic effort.
- Wayne HEPENSTALL (50) A solid 7 years in the making! Congratulations.
- Tanya DOLENCE (50) First timer to Jells and dedicated tourist (33 different parkruns visited) - thank you for visiting Jells for your 50 parkrun milestone!
Personal Benchmark (PB’s): 22 new PBs. Well done to everyone who lowered their own personal benchmark, met a time target or just had an enjoyable morning at Jells. What a great way to start your day!
Volunteers Thanks: parkrun is fully run by volunteers and would not be able to be "free for everyone, always" without a group of wonderful, dedicated, volunteers – our true hi-vis heroes! So thank you to everyone who volunteered, this morning. Whether it’s your first time or 100th each time is special.
Ashlee Cowie, Eva Simon, Graham Robertson, Jake Griffiths, Jan Robertson, Jane Griffiths, Jessica Harvey, Joan Zhang, Ken Mathers, Marina Jordan, Rachel Sheppard, Simon Bernard, Stephen.F White, Tania Stewart, Wei-Han Kuan
Volunteers Wanted: Volunteers make parkrun happen. How do you volunteer you ask? Simples, pick anyone of the below 4 methods:
- Add your name to the volunteer roster at Future Roster
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment on our Facebook/Insta if we post a volunteer request during the week
- You can also chat to our Run Director about volunteering on parkrun day
- 23rd July: #300Jellparkrun celebration – yes we have a hashtag! Come along and celebrate. TXR running club will be helping out and providing pacers.
Post-run coffee: Reminder - Join us for a coffee or breakfast after parkrun at Madeline’s café, just down the hill at the other end and to the left of the playground.
Do you have a friend visiting and want to make sure they have a good time in Melbourne? Bring them along to Jells Park parkrun, don’t forget to register them and bring their barcode along so they can start parkrun journey. They’ll never forget first parkrun!
Thanks for making it to the bottom of the page, see you next parkrun day!