Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Edinburgh Oval, Perth. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Edinburgh Oval parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Edinburgh Oval parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe 2 lap out and back course starts at the southern side of the Curtin University Football Club change rooms. The course follows the path around the perimeter of Edinburgh Oval and Edinburgh Oval South and includes an out and back deviation down the picturesque Avenue of Trees. Participants then complete an identical second lap around the perimeter of the ovals and back down the Avenue of Trees before returning to the finish.
Pre-event: Toilets and water fountain are available at the Curtin University Football Club change rooms.
Post-event: Toilets, showers, water fountain and café are available in the Curtin Stadium (8:00am opening time).
Location of startThe event starts at the southern side of the Curtin University Football Club change rooms.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Curtin Central bus station (stop: 27933, 2 min walk to start) is serviced by bus routes 34 and 960 before 8am on Saturday.
Train: The nearest train station is Canning Bridge however buses do not run direct to the Curtin campus before 8am on Saturdays. It is approximately a 1.6km walk from the station to bus stop 11951 on Bruce Street to catch the 34 to Curtin Central bus station.
Getting there on footThe meeting point is in the undercover area outside of Curtin University Football Club change rooms on the Edinburgh Oval (south) side of Curtin Stadium.
- From the Curtin Central bus station walk around Curtin Stadium to the Edinburgh Oval side.
- From carpark PB1 walk along the footpath to the undercover area.
- From the multi-deck carpark, cross Beazely Avenue and follow the footpath to the undercover area.
Getting there by roadThe Curtin University Campus is in Bentley, 6102. Approach the campus via Kent Street from either Manning Road or Hayman Road.
Park in either carpark PB1 directly off Kent Street or turn into the Beazley Avenue Main Entrance and park in the multi-deck carpark. Please Note: Parking on campus is FREE on weekends.