Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Lions Park, Corner of Ogilvie Ave and Campaspe Esplanade, Echuca. The course is run entirely on bitumen paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Echuca Moama parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Echuca Moama parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe run starts at the Lions Park on the corner of Ogilvie Ave and Campaspe Esplanade in Echuca and is an out and back course. From the Loins Park participants move north on the Campaspe Track 2.5k where the track ends close to the Warren Street Bridge. At this stage you do a U-turn indicated by a marshal and head back south along the track and return to the start/finish line at the Loins Park. The parkrun course is a flat and smooth bitumen surface, with only one undulation at the 1k mark on the way out and at the 4k mark on the way back that is approximately 200m long.
At Start/Finish Line: Toilets ,Kids Playground, BBQ, Picnic Table and plenty of free parking on Campaspe Esplanade
Location of startThe run starts at the Lions Park on the corner of Ogilvie Ave and Campaspe Esplanade.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footSee getting there by road. Footpaths are located next to the roads indicated.
Getting there by roadFrom the South: If coming from the South or the Melbourne direction, when you get to the large roundabout on the Northern Highway turn right onto Ogilvie Ave, then proceed 800m and turn left just before the Campaspe Bridge into Campaspe Esplanade. Echuca Moama parkrun start line will be then 50m along Campaspe Esplanade on the right hand side.
From the North: If coming from the North on the Northern Highway from the Cohuna direction proceed until you get to the large roundabout on the Northern Highway and then turn left into Ogilvie Ave. Then proceed 800m along Ogilvie Avenue and turn left just before the Campaspe Bridge into Campaspe Esplanade. Echuca Moama parkrun start line will be 50m along Campaspe Esplanade on the right hand side.
From the East: if you coming from the Shepparton direction continue on the Murray Valley Highway which will turn into Ogilvie Ave. You will come to a set of traffic lights with the indoor pool on your right and KFC on your left hand side. Continue straight on Ogilvie Ave for another 1km from the traffic lights until you cross the Campaspe Bridge. Once you have crossed the bridge turn immediately right into Campaspe Esplanade. Here you will find Echuca Moama parkrun start line 50m along Campaspe Esplanade on the right hand side.