Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Nepean River Cycleway, Camden (start can be found at Rotary Cowpasture Reserve). The course is run entirely on concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Cowpasture Reserve parkrun, Camden is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Cowpasture Reserve parkrun, Camden is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionAn out and back course on concrete path of the Nepean River Cycleway, commonly referred to as Camden Bike Track. The start/finish line is at Wetlands Reserve, adjacent to Rotary Cowpasture Reserve.
Toilets are available adjacent to the start/finish line at Rotary Cowpasture Reserve, courtesy of Macarthur Softball Association. The shared cycleway is adjacent to scenic bushland, several sporting reserves and two children’s playgrounds. Water re-fill stations are located at the start/finish line and at approximately 1km mark along the course. The event course is situated within easy walking distance of the centre of Camden, several cafes, restaurants and other local community attractions.
Location of startThe event starts at Wetlands Reserve, adjacent to Rotary Cowpasture Reserve.
Getting there by public transportThe nearest bus stop is located on the corner of Argyle and John Street, Camden. Bus routes 895, 893 service this route. The event location is a short 5 minute walk from the bus stop.
Getting there on footFrom the bus stop located on corner of Argyle and John Street, Camden, head north down Argyle Street. Pass the Camden Vale Milk Company on the left, followed by Hot Spot Petroleum on the right, walk approximately 100 metres until you enter the shared cycleway path located adjacent to Rotary Cowpasture Reserve, Argyle Street, Camden.
Getting there by roadFrom the north: Head south along Camden Valley Way from Narellan. After crossing the Nepean River at the Cowpasture Bridge you will enter the suburb of Camden. Turn left to enter the Rotary Cowpasture Reserve car park.
From the south: Head north along Argyle Street, Camden. Upon exiting the roundabout you will pass the historic Camden Vale Milk Company on the left. Pass Hot Spot Petroleum on the right. Turn right to enter the Rotary Cowpasture Reserve car park.
If using sat nav or Google Maps, search on Rotary Cowpasture Reserve for entry to carpark. Parking is available in the off street parking adjacent to the start/finish utilising Rotary Cowpasture Reserve car park and Macarthur Softball Association car park.