Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is in Henry Ziegenfusz Park, Cleveland. The course is run on a mixture of concrete paths and timber boardwalk. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Cleveland parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Cleveland parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionA First Timers Run Brief starts at 6.45am and the Main Run Brief at 6:55am.
A lovely 'out and back' course that starts from the NE corner of the park. From the start it heads south along Eddie Santagiuliana Way (which is part of the Moreton Bay Cycleway) for 2.5km before returning to the start.
The route passes by woodland, grassland, creeks, children's play area, off leash dog park and even a duck pond. There are a few water fountains en route and toilets are about 300m from the start. There is a 'playful' incline in the middle of the course, but nothing too hard! There are some lovely bayside views and vistas
Toilets: Approximately 300m from the start area.
- Near start area
- Approx 2.1km, near the kids playground
- Just before the half way turn around next to the off leash dog park
Location of startThe run starts near the pergola in the NE corner of Henry Ziegenfusz Park, just to the left of the path, on the concrete half basketball court.
Getting there by public transportPlease check the Translink website for available Bus and Train services.
Getting there on footFrom Bloomfield St, Cleveland, head East along Long St, turn right at the roundabout onto Island St (which is a cul de sac) and parkrun is at the end of the street, approximate distance is 1km (nearest crossroad is Kassandra St).
Getting there by roadCar park entry to Henry Ziegenfusz Park is via Fitzroy St, Cleveland. Please avoid parking in neighbouring streets off and around Island Street.
Meeting area is near the shelter at the NE corner of Henry Ziegenfusz park, which can be seen from the carpark. The run starts just to the left of the path, in front of the concrete half basketball court. See course map for more information.