Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Eel Hole Creek, Churchill. The course is run on a mixture of pea gravel paths and wooden bridges. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Churchill parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Churchill parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionChurchill parkrun is a scenic course in parkland along Eel Hole Creek. The start is off Philip Parade alongside the Churchill Hub playground. It is an out and back course repeated.
You initially run east for approximately 50 metres before turning right/south towards the Jeeralangs for approx .85km. Then turn westerly and run for approx. 250m adjacent to Philip Parade. Turn at the turn around bollard near the roundabout adjacent to Hazelwood House. Return along Eel Hole Creek and follow the path all the way along the creek heading toward McDonald Way before turning right and heading in a southerly direction up toward the gazebo below the Latrobe Leisure Centre to the turn around point at the junction of the track. Return along the Creek back out to the first turn around point and then return into the start line area at the Churchill Hub. You will see kilometre markers on the footpath and directional signage. The finish line is located at the start line
Toilets are available in the Churchill Hub and bar code scanning will be undercover at or in the Hub. Picnic tables and gazebo nearby. Ample free parking at near the Churchill Hub, Churchill CBD and the Latrobe Leisure Centre.
Location of startThe run starts off Philip Parade alongside the Churchill Hub playground.
Getting there by public transportLatrobe Valley Bus lines has a service departing Morwell Route 2. Exit the bus at stop 5 - Georgina Place Churchill.
Getting there on footWalk down to the Churchill Hub. Follow the paths which head toward the Churchill Hub, near the skate park. If coming from the direction of the Leisure Centre follow the path down toward Eel Hole Creek and turn left for 20 metres and then right 50 metres toward the Churchill Hub and start line.
Getting there by roadDrive into Churchill (Postcode 3842) along Monash Way turn at the traffic lights near the service station into Georgina Place. Follow the road down 150 metres to the T intersection with Philip Parade and park either near the Churchill Hub in the off street car park, along Philip Parade, or in the car parks near the shopping centres and walk down to the Hub. Please do not use parking spaces in front of the fire station. Alternative parking is off McDonald Way at the Churchill Leisure Centre.
GPS coordinates: 38° 31’ 33” S 146° 42’ 22” E