Another week down and another parkrun in the books!
We had 58 finishers today who took on some very warm conditions with little to no breeze making the heat stifling. There were still 6 PB's today which is a great effort in the warm temperatures.
* Sean Cowan ran 20:30 taking 1:16 seconds off his best time with us in a rare appearance without a pram.
* Erich Scherg continued his rise in good form running 20:36 to shave 3 seconds off his best time and backing up from a quick 20:58 on Thursday night at the Runners Club.
* Darren Hill came in at 21:16 to better his previous best Bunbury parkrun time by 26 seconds in his 3rd run with us.
* Paul Van Zyl ran his 3rd PB in 3 weeks coming home in 26:17, 24 seconds quicker than last week.
* Kaye Wood ran 32:05 to better her Bunbury parrun PB by 27 seconds and claimed her 4th PB in her last 4 runs with us!
* Chris Steenkamp took 3:46 minutes off last weeks run coming in at 36:10 in his 2nd run with us.
Thank you to our volunteers today, Colleen, TJ, Murray and Steve and to everyone who helped us set up and pack up today. Also a huge thank you to our coffee van friends at Le Chariot De Cafe for providing another great round of caffeine fixes.
We are a little short on volunteers for the next few weeks so please let us know if you can help out. Check out the roster HERE
Event number 116
16th January 2016
Nick HARGER (SM25-29) (Unattached) was first over the line in 18:14 - third time in 4 appearances.
Glen GIBSON (VM40-44) (Unattached) was second over the line in 19:02 - has been first to finish on 8 previous occasions.
Sean COWAN (SM30-34) (Unattached) was third over the line in 20:30.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Erich SCHERG (Unattached) 1243 pts.
Steven WHITHORN (Unattached) 1071 pts.
Max OWENS (Unattached) 1018 pts.
Liz NEVILLE (VW60-64) of Epsom Oddballs RC, was first (13th overall) over the line in 26:06 - first appearance.
Vanessa CARSON (VW35-39) (Unattached) was second (15th overall) over the line in 26:19.
Eleanor YATES (SW30-34) (Unattached) was third (23rd overall) over the line in 27:41 - has been first to finish on 5 previous occasions.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Vanessa CARSON (Unattached) 969 pts.
Jill ELDERFIELD (South West Orienteering Trekkers) 894 pts.
Tjirra FRANCIS (Unattached) 791 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Liz NEVILLE (VW60-64) was graded 77.65% for the time 26:06 (13th overall).
Glen GIBSON (VM40-44) was graded 73.91% for the time 19:02 (second overall).
Nick HARGER (SM25-29) was graded 70.75% for the time 18:14 (first overall).
This week there were 58 runners, of whom 5 were first timers and 6 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 8 different athletics clubs took part.
Bunbury parkrun started on 26th October 2013, and since then 943 different runners, including participants from 50 athletics clubs, have completed 4,809 runs covering a total distance of 24,045 km, and there have been 1,019 new Personal Bests.
The female record is held by Carolyn BOOSEY who ran in a time of 00:18:43 on 2014-02-15 (event number 17).
The male record is held by Peter ANDREWS who ran in a time of 00:16:04 on 2015-04-04 (event number 76).
The Age Grade course record is held by Courtney BUTLION who recorded a 85.18% run (19:07) on 4th January 2014 (event number 11).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Bunbury parkrun Results Page.