For country specific information around events in this country, please see here.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Brimbank Park, Keilor East. The course is run entirely on a combination of surfaces. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Brimbank parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Brimbank parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionCourse starts next to cafe. Run straight for 300m, turn left, merge with main track. Continue straight, turn right at crossroads, wind down and cross river. Take left hand dirt trail and cross bridge. Keep right, cross small causeway to junction, turn right and follow track up hill. Descend down to flats - watch out for sharp turn on descent. Keep houses on left, river on right. Dirt trail merges with rear entry road. Join road, wind down and cross river. Turn left, follow bitumen trail, keep left at next two junctions. After short climb, hook turn on upper river trail and head back on higher trail. Descend to lower trail. Go straight, keep river on right. Continue straight past junction. Continue through dip and up around sweeping bend. At top, turn left up gentle hill to finish line.
Visitor centre, Electric/Gas BBQ, Playground, Information Shelter, Picnic Shelter, Toilet, Sealed carpark.
Location of startThe run starts next to the café.
Getting there by public transportBuses 476, stop Tambo Court or Buses 421, stop Green Gully Reserve. Then walk as follows below. The nearest train station is Keilor Plains Railway Station. Then take Bus 421.
Getting there on footFrom Bus 476 stop Tambo Court: Walk south on Green Gully Rd towards Solomon Dr 650 m; Turn right 160 m; Turn right 400 m; Turn left towards Park Dr 500 m; Turn left onto Park Dr 30 m; Turn right 100 m; Turn right. Destination
Getting there by roadBrimbank Park is approximately 15km north-west of Melbourne in Keilor East. Follow the Calder Freeway to the Keilor Park Drive exit. The park entrance is 500 metres on the right. (Melways Map 15 B10).
Picnic Area A has a large sealed car park catering for over 100 vehicles. There are five standard size designated disabled parking bays in the car park, and these are also located within a few metres of the playground entrance. The parking bays are designed for both side and rear disembarking passengers.