For country specific information around events in this country, please see here.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Braidwood Showground, Braidwood. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Braidwood Showground parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Braidwood Showground parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
The course consists of a small loop followed by 3 laps of the showground. Starting on the grass near the parking area of the showground, the small loop follows the marked cones around the showground hall & back to the start. This only needs to be competed once.
From here, the first lap of the showground begins. Again, follow the marked cones past the showground hall but this time head to the outside of the show ring. Continue along the outside, following the fence, to the entrance point on the far side (where there will be a marshal). Turn left and enter the inside of the show ring and complete a lap in the opposite direction. Upon leaving the show ring at the same point you entered, turn left again and follow the marked cones around the holding pens to the access road. Follow the road back to the start. This must be completed 3 times and on completion of the third lap, go through the finish flags.
1 small loop + 3 laps of the showground = 5kms
Parking and toilet facilities are available on site at the Braidwood Showground.
Location of startThe event starts on the grass near the parking area of the showground.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footBraidwood Showground is 2.8km from the Braidwood town centre. Walking is not advised as there is no path on the edge of the Kings Highway.
Getting there by roadIf travelling from Canberra, take the Kings Highway after Queanbeyan, travelling through Bungendore to the Braidwood Showground, located on the right, 2.8km on the Canberra side of town.
If travelling from the south coast, take the Kings Highway from Batemans Bay to Braidwood. Travel through Braidwood towards Bungendore. Braidwood Showground is 2.8km out of town on the left.
If travelling from Sydney, turn off the Hume Highway at the southern entrance (Big Merino) to Goulburn and turn left onto Garroorigang Street to Braidwood Road. Turn right on to Braidwood Road and follow for 55km to the Kings Highway before turning left towards Braidwood. Braidwood Showground is on the right, 2.8km before the town centre.
Parking is available in the Braidwood Showground. Follow the volunteer’s instructions on the day
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Albion Café, 119 Wallace St, Braidwood, NSW 2622 - please come and join us!