This week threatened rain but it held off long enough for everyone to get through parkrun #52.
Thanks to our volunteers this week: Craig GRAHAM, Jarrod THRELFALL, Judy FITT, Kathleen FAIR, Mick ZEALLEY, Paul FALLON, Philip SHAMROCK, and Samuel GRAHAM.
Here's a few offerings from this week's Bendigo parkrun:
Darren HARTLAND (VM40-44) of South Bendigo AC, was first over the line in 18:45 - first time in 3 appearances.
Andrew SNELL (VM40-44) (Unattached) was second over the line in 19:02 - has been first to finish on 2 previous occasions.
Benjamin GOODE (VM35-39) of Bendigo Athletics, was third over the line in 19:17.
Rebecca WILKINSON (SW20-24) of Bendigo University Athletics Club, was first (8th overall) over the line in 20:44 - 6th time in 6 appearances.
Tullie ROWE (JW11-14) of Bendigo University Athletics Club, was second (9th overall) over the line in 20:49 - was first to finish once before.
Andrea SMITH (VW40-44) of Bendigo University Athletics Club, was third (20th overall) over the line in 22:56.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Tullie ROWE (JW11-14) was graded 78.22% for the time 20:49 (9th overall).
Tim LAUDER (VM50-54) was graded 76.84% for the time 19:30 (6th overall).
Darren HARTLAND (VM40-44) was graded 73.33% for the time 18:45 (first overall).
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Brett DOBBIN (Unattached) 3967 pts.
Jason RICHTER (Derek Zoolander Centre for Kids Who Can't Run Good) 3686 pts.
Andrew SNELL (Unattached) 3209 pts.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Kerryn HENSLEY (Unattached) 3706 pts.
Kay KELLY (Unattached) 3393 pts.
Jen POLLARD (Running Mums Australia) 3031 pts.
A few stats as Bendigo parkrun finishes off a fantastic first year:
- this week there were 101 runners, of whom
- 15 were first timers, and
- 18 recorded new Personal Bests
- representatives of 11 different athletics clubs took part
Bendigo parkrun started on 11th July 2015, and since then
- 1,200 different runners, including
- participants from 75 athletics clubs,
- have completed 5,092 runs covering a total distance of 25,460 km,and
- there have been 1,339 new Personal Bests.
- The female record is held by Teleah HAYES who ran in a time of 00:19:04 on 2016-06-11 (event number 49).
- The male record is held by Andy BUCHANAN who ran in a time of 00:14:58 on 2016-04-09 (event number 40).
- The Age Grade course record is held by Andy BUCHANAN who recorded a 86.19% run (14:58) on 9th April 2016 (event number 40).
Join us next Saturday, 9 July 2016 for our first anniversary. GOLD is the theme - how will you get your gold on??
When you participate in a parkrun event, you are participating in the largest co-ordinated running event in the world. Now that's gold!