The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Kennington Reservoir, Strathdale. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Bendigo parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Bendigo parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The course starts between the two car park bays on Reservoir rd heading North in an anti-clockwise direction. Turning left into Cousins st, turn left again 100m later heading up the middle of Kennington Reservoir. Follow the sealed path turning right at the Reservoir. Turn left at Crook st around the Reservoir, as you approach Reservoir rd the path will narrow so it is imperative that runners adopt a single file as the pass through. Continue on from the start/finish line heading toward Cousins st. The second lap this time heads straight along Cousins to Crook st., turn left into Crook and follow the path up and around the Reservoir finishing alongside the first green space on Reservoir rd.
Toilets located just North of the start line. There is a disabled park in the bay closest to the toilet. Water bubblers are at the start and finish location.
Location of start
The run starts between the two car park bays on Reservoir rd.
Getting there by public transport
From the Bendigo train station take the 7.38 Bus #14 disembarking on Butcher st. Head quickly up Reservoir rd to make the 8am start. Please see the PVT website
There are no other public transport options that will arrive in time for the parkrun start.
Getting there on foot
The weekly briefing will be held on the gravel between the two green spaces on Reservoir rc, We encourage people to walk, run or ride to the start. There are several area’s bikes can be locked while running at owners own risk.
Getting there by road
From Bendigo city centre head East on Mitchell, veer left at the traffic lights onto Miller st continuing on through the 5 exit roundabout straight up Condon st. Please park at John Bomford Centre on Condon st, Crook st or Woolworths Supermarket where possible. Postcode 3550 for SATNAV.
Please do not park in the bays on Reservoir Rd, particularly not in front of the toilet block as Council have requested we keep these clear.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at Edwards Providore, shop 7, Condon st, Kennington - please come and join us!