Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Ashgrove Sportsground, Yoku Road, Ashgrove. The course is run on a mixture of running/bike paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Ashgrove parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Ashgrove parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course starts on the third oval of Ashgrove Sportsground and heads north along the grass around the perimeter of the precinct in an anticlockwise fashion for approximately 1km. When a full lap is almost complete, the course joins on to the Enoggera Creek Bikeway and heads south to the Ashgrove Scout Hut. Once you've reached the Scout Hut, you will then loop and return north the way you've come (continuing past our bikeway entry point), all the way to the end of the bikeway. Once at the end of the bikeway, you turn around once again to the original bikeway entry point. Once here, you will cut up to the oval and complete one full lap in the opposite, clockwise direction back to the starting point.
This is a predominantly flat course. There will be marshals to provide directions around the major turns to guide runners round the course.
Toilet facilities are available at Ashgrove Sportsground.
Location of startThe run starts on the third oval of Ashgrove Sportsground.
Getting there by public transportAshgrove is serviced by multiple council buses including the 350, 352, 372, 379, 380, 381 and 384 (pre-paid; express) running along Stewart and Waterworks Roads into the central business district. Ashgrove is also a stop on the route of the cross-town Great Circle Line (598/599) which links the four major shopping malls of Brisbane
Getting there on footFROM DES CONNOR PARK: With the creek on your right, follow the Enoggera Creek Bikeway. At the end of the bikeway (near the Glenlyon Drive entrance to Marist College Ashgrove), continue along Acacia Drive for 200m until it meets back up with Enoggera Creek Bikeway. Follow this bikeway for approximately 800m and you will then find the start-line for Ashgrove parkrun to the left on the third oval of Ashgrove Sportsground.
FROM WATERWORKS ROAD VIA THE SCOUT HUT: Near Gresham Street, follow the Enoggera Creek Bikeway (with the creek on your left) past the St John's Wood Scout Hut. Continue along this bikeway for approximately 700m and you will find the start-line for Ashgrove parkrun to the right on the third oval of Ashgrove Sportsground.
Getting there by roadVIA STEWART ROAD: Turn into Frasers Road, travel approximately 300m and turn left into Mirrabooka Drive and follow the loop right which changes to Grevillea Road (past Des Connor Park, aka 'The Flats'. At the end of Grevillea Road, veer right on to Yoku Road and in 300m, you will find the carpark for Ashgrove Sportsground.
VIA WATERWORKS ROAD (FROM WEST): Turn left into Woonga Drive (just after Ashgrove State School), travel 100m before turning left on to Otonga Road. Follow this looping road for 400m around to the right, and then turn left on to Yoku Road. In approximately 300m, you will find the carpark for Ashgrove Sportsground.