The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Woodford Showgrounds, Woodford. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Woodford parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Woodford parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
A 2 lap course through the area that is known as the “old race track” in the furthest left corner of the showgrounds. The course is on grass with small trail sections that may have puddles if it has been raining. The start and finish will be from the large grey gumtree opposite the rodeo shoots. The start and finish are reasonably close to parking area. Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please be aware that only sturdy cross-country type prams will cope with the terrain of the course. Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
The Woodford Showgrounds have male and female toilet facilities.
Location of startThe event starts from the large grey gumtree opposite the rodeo shoots.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footWalking from the centre of Woodford (Supa IGA), past CJ’s Bakery, the Victory Café, the Woodford Police Station, Woodford Vets (all on the left side of the street), continue walking past homes until you see Neurum Road and turn left. You will see the showgrounds on the right hand side of Neurum Road.
Getting there by roadDriving from South:Drive along the Bruce Highway from Brisbane. Turn left at Kilcoy Exit 152. Follow service road parallel to highway. Turn left onto D’Aguliar Highway. Travel straight through to Woodford (25mins). 1.8km past Supa IGA Woodford turn left onto Neurum Road, showgrounds are on the right. Woodford 4514.
Driving from North: Drive along Bruce Highway and take exit 85 for Kilcoy and follow the D’Aguilar Highway for 25mins to Woodford. 1.8 km past Supa IGA Woodford turn left onto Neurum Road, showgrounds are on the right. Woodford 4514.
There is ample parking that will be clearly marked.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in The Braisen Hussy Garden Cafe - please come and join us!