The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Hanlon Park, Stones Corner, Brisbane. The course is run entirely on concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Stones Corner parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Stones Corner parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Stones Corner parkrun in a larger map
This is a one lap out and back course starting about 50 metres in from Logan Rd/Old Cleveland Rd and just north of Hanlon Park, Stones Corner.
The course follows the South East Freeway walkway along Norman Creek down to the South East Freeway underpass. It then continues along the walkway following the freeway closely until the end of the pathway at Sunshine Avenue, Wellers Hill, a turnaround point will be clearly marked. This would complete the 2.5km out section and the return leg would be back along the same path making up the total 5km course.
The course is mostly flat with a few very small rises. There are two fairly narrow bridge crossings that runners should take caution of other park users when crossing.
Plenty of parking is available close by, mostly street parking.
Toilet facilities are only available across Logan Rd near the library, please take care crossing the road and use the pedestrian traffic lights for your safety.
Location of start
The run starts about 50 metres in from Logan Rd/Old Cleveland Rd and just north of Hanlon Park, Stones Corner.
Getting there by public transport
There are a number of bus options available that stop close by in Stones Corner, particularly on Logan Rd, all are within short walking distance of the starting line and will get you there in time for a 7am start.
Getting there on foot
There are plenty of paths available throughout the area and the start is easily accessible from Logan Rd/Old Cleveland Rd near Cleveland St and the Stones Corner roundabout.
Getting there by road
There are a number of available access points by car, there is plenty of parking along Lincoln St, Junction St and Cleveland St, or if these are full there is a large dirt parking lot on the left hand side of Cornwall St near the parkrun path (straight after the bridge crossing) which is only about 400m walk from the starting line.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in a local café - please come and join us!