The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Narromine Wetlands, Narromine. The course is run entirely on gravel paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Narromine Wetlands parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Narromine Wetlands parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
An out and back lap on a gravel trail around the perimeter of the wetlands area. The start and finish are close the main car park and amenities. Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
There are 2 toilets only located at the Wetlands. Potable drinking water is available.
Location of startThe event starts close the main car park and amenities.
Getting there by public transportN/A
Getting there on footAs "Getting there by road" directions.
Getting there by roadFrom Dubbo: Take Mitchell Highway to Narromine. Turn left at T-Intersection onto Dandaloo St and cross the railway line. Dandaloo St becomes The McGrane Way at the Wetlands, located on the left at the start of the 100km zone.
From Parkes: As you enter the 50kph zone on the Tomingley Road, take your first left onto Nellie Vale Road, then left onto The McGrane Way.
Parking is available outside the wetlands on the gravel area at the corner of The McGrane Way & Nellie Vale Road, or outside the main gate on The McGrane Way.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Soul Food Design Depot and Gallery - please come and join us!