Aussie, Aussie Aussie!
The cold and windy weather failed to dampen the Aussie spirit at our first Aussie-themed parkrun today, with many of the the runners and all of volunteers adorned in Aussie colours and costumes.
Before getting underway, Event Director Donella Roberts awarded best costumed prizes, with 4 winners receiving a $20 voucher from Merimbula Wharf & Aquarium Restaurant.
Congratulations to best-costumed winners Steve Isles, The Hampton Family, The Mackinnon Family and Craig Newman.
Be sure to check out the photos on Facebook as Craig's outfit defies words!
Today there were 74 runners, of whom 20 were first timers and 24 recorded new Personal Bests. That's a third of the field getting PBs in crazy windy weather! Congratulations to each and every one of you.
Representatives of 6 different athletics clubs took part and lots of visiting runners included parkrun tourists from Curl Curl parkrun, Tuggeranong parkrun, Albert Melbourne parkrun, Ginninderra parkrun, Berwick Springs parkrun.
- Richard High of Sydney Striders, was first over the line in 18:19 - first appearance.
- Steven Isles was second over the line in 18:59 - has been first to finish on 11 previous occasions.
- Rodney McDonald was third over the line in 21:28.
- Christie Ahkin was first (7th overall) over the line in 21:59 - first time in 2 appearances.
- Rickee Marshall was second (13th overall) over the line in 22:18.
- Angela Mundy was third (14th overall) over the line in 22:18 - has been first to finish on 4 previous occasions.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Kerrie Tanner was graded 75.89% for the time 22:57 (17th overall).
- Richard High was graded 75.07% for the time 18:19 (first overall).
- Steven Isles was graded 69.45% for the time 18:59 (second overall).
Every parkrun only happens because of the time and dedication of our volunteers. Many thanks to today's volunteers:
- Donella Roberts (Run Director)
- Duncan Mackinnon (Timekeeper)
- Kirsty Mackinnon (Finish Tokens)
- Susan Mackinnon (Barcode Scanning)
- Anna Mackinnon (Barcode Scanning)
- Ken Simpson (Photographer)
- Katie Mackinnon (Tail Runner)
- Lisa Lukassen (BBQ)
Thanks also to Brett Jennings, Trudi Jennings, Jenny Kent and Anthony Daly for arriving early today to help with setting up the BBQ, and those runners who stay behind each week to cheer home all runners and help pack-up.
We are always looking for new volunteers. Please visit the website to read more about getting involved.
Congratulations to our lucky parkrun winner today, Belinda Cardwell. By receving the "winner" finish token Belinda won a 5 session pass from Tarryn Lucas Group Fitness & Personal Training.
Thanks go out to Tarryn for donating this great prize. If you would like to donate a parkrun prize please email merimbula email@example.com.