It was misty. The beautiful weather that had been forecast arrived later in the day, but the conditions in the morning were perfect for running as was evident with 42 PB’s recorded. Sadly 3 runners (and more importantly their finish tokens) got lost in the mist between the finish line and the recording table.
Welcome to all our 22 first-timers this week and a special welcome to our parkrun tourists: We had visitors from Cambodia, Brisbane, Joondalup Lake (Perth), Frog Hollow and Berwick Springs parkruns.
Congratulations to our newest member of the super-elite parkrun milestone club:
- Jade Johansen (100 parkruns): Jade has run 89 times at Lillydale Lake parkrun with tourist trips to Westerfolds, Mullum Mullum, Jells, Shepparton, Cobram, Echucha Moama and Phillip Island parkruns. Jade’s first run was at Lillydale lake’s 2nd parkrun, has a current PB of 26:24 and has volunteered 9 times.
Congratulations to everyone who managed to improve on their own PB this week (all 42 of you), with a special shout-out to everyone who has recorded more than 30 local parkruns:
- Jason Williams (153 parkruns): With his 1st PB in just over 3 years Jason took 25 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 19:11.
- Phil Grinyer (62 parkruns): With his 2nd PB in 3 weeks, Phil took 35 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 23:20.
- Troy McDonald (36 parkruns): With his 3rd PB for 2018, Troy took 12 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 22:54.
- Alex Huser (33 parkruns): With his 2nd consecutive PB (and 4 in 5 weeks), Alex took 20 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 18:02.
Birthday celebration - April 28!
Get your best blues on and come dressed up to help us celebrate our 4th anniversary. And yes, there will be food afterwards.
Barkrun - May 26!
Bring your favourite four-legged running buddy for this special event, brought to you by our junior parkrunners! (Juniors, we will have a special sign-up sheet available from this Saturday, so if you can help out, add your name, and your responsible adult's name, to our volunteer roster).
As always thank-you to our volunteers who made this event happen. Our photos this week are by Ian Uren
OMG. Can it really be a PB after 3 years??
Celia: Congrats on the 150 (parkruns that is, not years)
Robert very appropriately wearing his red 50 shirt to mark his 150th parkrun
The weekly stats report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 3,661 participants have completed 28,691 parkruns covering a total distance of 143,455 km, including 4,931 new Personal Bests. This week 240 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 22 were first timers and 42 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 19 different clubs took part. The event was made possible by 10 volunteers: Helen MOORE • Judy MOLESWORTH • Jade JOHANSEN • Darren MOORE • Ian UREN • Kylie DEALY • Zach KEUKEN • Des KEUKEN • Ash CROW • Kim WATSON
1st Carly GRIFFITH (SW25-29) – 21:18
2nd Kylie DEALY (SW30-34) – 22:38
3rd Danni WEBB (SW30-34) – 22:39
1st Dan BEARD (VM40-44) – 17:20
2nd Alex HUSER (SM25-29) – 18:02
3rd Paul TODD (VM35-39) – 18:36
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by Tim NORTON who recorded a time of 14:54 on 17th February 2018 (event number 200).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page