OMG how cold was it on Saturday morning?!! Huge congratulations to everyone who turned out on such a chilly morning, all 179 runners plus our sturdy volunteers. And special congratulations to this week's first-timers - we are so impressed that you managed your first run in freezing conditions! And welcome to our sole parkrun tourist this week - Julia from Mullum Mullum parkrun.
Congratulations to our latest members of the elite milestone clubs:
- Lily Swain (10 junior parkruns): Lily was inducted into this club last week, but we didn't get her certificate printed in time, so she got a second celebration this week, to get her photo with her new certificate!
- Iskander Abu Taleb (10 junior parkruns): Iskander has run all his 10 parkruns at Lillydale Lake, starting October last year, and has run 3 PBs in that time.
- Mitchell Williams (100 parkruns): Mitch has run 90 events at Lillydale Lake, with visits to Ballarat, Balyang Sanctuary, Jells, Mullum Mullum, Westerfolds and Bendigo parkruns. Mitch has also volunteered 5 times in that time (now 6), and celebrated his 100th parkrun with a new PB of 21.05!
- Debbi Weaver (100 parkruns): Debbi has run 93 times at Lillydale Lake, with visits to Ballarat and Phillip Island, plus four parkruns in UK. She has volunteered 21 times, and written this run report 114 times!
Get well soon Laurie!
Our intrepid race-walker and constant supporter-of-everyone Laurie Pearson was due to run his 100th parkrun on Saturday, but has unfortunately suffered some major hip problems and may need a replacement, so he is stuck on 99 parkruns for a while! We're thinking of you Laurie, and have plenty of volunteers ready to push you around in a wheelchair if required, to make sure you get that 100th event in!
Congratulations to everyone who managed new PBs this week, especially if you have run more than 30 local parkruns (10 for juniors):
- Zach Keuken (60 parkruns): Yes he did it! 10 consecutive PBs! (Now can you stop making us all feel so inadequate?). Fantastic work Zach, to take a further 8 seconds off last week's PB, for a new record of 20.37.
- Margaret Sell (43 parkruns): Nice work from Margaret, taking 27 seconds off her previous best for a new PB of 46.36.
- Angus de Wit (16 junior parkruns): Angus is another one on a roll, with his 3rd consecutive PB this week, taking off a whopping 5mins 45, for a new PB of 29.00. Great running Angus!
As always, thanks to our wonderful volunteers, especially when you have to stand around in such cold conditions! We still have a few vacancies for volunteers over the next few weeks, so please check out our Future Roster, and let us know if you can fill any of the spaces. Our photos this week are from Mitch Williams and Fiona Williams.
The weekly stats report:
This week 179 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 14 were first timers and 23 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 15 different clubs took part.
Dan BEARD (VM40-44) (Unattached) was first over the line in 17:38 - 15th time in 23 appearances.
Liam WILSON-GARDNER (JM15-17) (Unattached) was second over the line in 18:55.
Brad BOAG (VM45-49) (Unattached) was third over the line in 18:56 - was first to finish once before.
Julie NORNEY PETRIE (VW45-49) of Box Hill AC, was first (4th overall) over the line in 18:59 - 35th time in 37 appearances.
Beth REDMAN (VW45-49) (Unattached) was second (18th overall) over the line in 21:11 - was first to finish once before.
Sarah LOVE (VW45-49) (Unattached) was third (29th overall) over the line in 22:52.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
Julie NORNEY PETRIE (VW45-49) – 86.22% for the time 18:59 (4th overall).
Damien GARDNER (VM50-54) – 78.52% for the time 19:05 (5th overall).
Dan BEARD (VM40-44) – 77.98% for the time 17:38 (first overall).
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 00:17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by John DUTTON who recorded a time of 00:15:04 on 7th June 2014 (event number 7).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 2,742 participants have completed 20,203 parkruns covering a total distance of 101,015 km, including 3,750 new Personal Bests. The event was made possible by 12 volunteers: Linda VANDUYNHOVEN • Elise PRITCHARD • Sally MORRIS • Mak SAWA • Debbi WEAVER • Jason WILLIAMS • Elka MALLON • Celia JOHNSON • Linda BLACK • Mark SNELL • Mitchell WILLIAMS • Fiona WILLIAMS.
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.