Welcome to everyone who joined us on Saturday morning, for a surprisingly chilly start to our run, and congratulations to the huge numbers of you who recorded a new personal best time this week! Welcome to all our first-timers this week, and a special welcome to our parkrun tourists - Jacqui from Inverloch parkrun, and Sara from Studley parkrun.
Congratulations to our newest members of the super-elite parkrun milestone club (we think all our parkrunners are gorgeous, but you have to admit these two win this week's cuteness award!)
- Isabella Timewell (10 parkruns in the JW10 category): Isabella has run 11 times at Lillydale Lake, starting in March this year, and with a current PB of 40.19.
- Joshua Timewell (10 parkruns in the JM10 category): Joshua has also run 11 times at his home parkrun, also starting in March this year. Joshua's best time so far is 44.41.
We are building a collection of unclaimed certificates, so if you have recently reached a milestone, please make sure you turn up on time so you can hear your name called out!
Wow, so many new PBs this week! Well done to all who managed this elusive achievement, especially those who have more than 30 local parkruns to their name. The Petrie family dominate the list this week:
- Andrew Carpenter (91 parkruns): Well done Andrew, on taking a massive 25 secs off your previous best, set back in January, for a new PB of 28.36
- Sue-Ann van Twuyver (68 parkruns): An even bigger improvement for Sue-Ann, who took a huge 1 min 9 secs off last June's PB, for a new record of 27.28
- Brooke Petrie (58 parkruns, JW11-14): Brooke just keeps improving, taking a further 5 seconds off last month's PB, for a new best time of 23.05
- Nicola Sweet Petrie (46 parkruns): Nicola left nothing in the tank this week (her kids thought the defibrillator might get its first tryout), but it was all worth it, with a further 3 seconds off and a brand new PB of 29.18.
- Robbie Petrie (38 parkruns, JM10): Two PBs in two weeks for Robbie, taking 14 secs from last week's great time, for a new PB of 26.00. (And great encouragement from Auntie June to cheer him over the line!)
- Monika Brown (35 parkruns): A huge 32 secs off this week for Monika, to set a new best time of 34.07 - great effort!
- Joshua Hellema (34 parkruns): Another one beating last month's PB - 13 seconds off for Josh, setting a new best time of 21.08
- Dan Beard (34 parkruns): Hard to believe that Dan could get any faster, but yes, our regular first-finisher shaved 2 secs off his previous PB for a new time to beat of 17.12
- Sarah Lacala (32 parkruns): Another huge improvement, with 30 seconds off for Sarah this week, and a new PB of 27.36.
Changes to the Event Team:
Mak announced recently that Linda van Duynhoven has retired as our long-standing Volunteer Coordinator, and we're delighted to announce now that Kylie Dealy has agreed to take on this vital role. And we're also rapt to welcome Des Keuken to the team as co-Run Report Writer, sharing the duties with Debbi. Thanks so much for all your wonderful work over the past few years Linda, and welcome to the team Kylie and Des!
Upcoming events - Christmas party
Mark your calendars for Saturday evening, December 2! We're just finalising the details for a finger-food, family-friendly event in Lilydale, so more details will be announced in the next few days.
Thank you to all our awesome volunteers this week. Our photos are from Josh Radley and Fiona Williams.
The weekly stats report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 3,006 participants have completed 23,101 parkruns covering a total distance of 115,505 km, including 4,218 new Personal Bests. This week 198 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 14 were first timers and 38 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 16 different clubs took part. The event was made possible by 9 volunteers: Karen MCKEOWN • Debbi WEAVER • Elka MALLON • Mitchell WILLIAMS • Des KEUKEN • Jacob WHITE • Joshua RADLEY • Jack RADLEY • Eva NASH
Amy RICHARDSON (SW25-29) of Athletics Nunawading, was first (22nd overall) over the line in 21:55 - first time in 4 appearances.
Bonnie MORRIS (SW25-29) (Unattached) was second (24th overall) over the line in 22:01.
Helen STANLEY (VW60-64) of Victorian Masters Athletics, was third (25th overall) over the line in 22:04 - was first to finish once before.
Dan BEARD (VM40-44) (Unattached) was first over the line in 17:12 - 21st time in 32 appearances.
An unknown runner was second.
Justin MACKAY (VM35-39) (Unattached) was third over the line in 18:45 - was first to finish once before.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
Helen STANLEY (VW60-64) – 89.20% for the time 22:04 (25th overall).
Dan BEARD (VM40-44) – 80.52% for the time 17:12 (first overall).
Bert PELGRIM (VM60-64) – 78.50% for the time 20:37 (12th overall).
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by John DUTTON who recorded a time of 15:04 on 7th June 2014 (event number 7).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.