It was dark walking down to the lake. So either we were there for the night version of parkrun or winter really is here. Given how cold it was when we bravely ditched our warmer clothes and headed to the start line, we can assume it was winter. The morning brightened but my hands never recovered any warmth. However, it never rained, so in the end it was almost a decent winter morning for 2 laps around a lake.
Welcome to all our first-timers who braved the weather for their first parkrun. And a special welcome to our parkrun tourists from Minnippi (QLD), Koonwarra & Mullum Mullum.
Congratulations to our newest members of the super-elite parkrun milestone club:
- Chris Radley (100 parkruns): Chris has run 61 times at Lillydale Lake parkrun with tourist trips to Mullum Mullum, Torrens, Darwin & Wilson Botanic parkruns. Chris’ first run at Lillydale lake was on the 7th May 2016, has a current PB of 20:23 and has volunteered 4 times.
- Annemarie Elenius (50 parkruns): Annemarie has run 42 times at Lillydale Lake parkrun with tourist trips to Mullum Mullum, Albert, Phillip Island and Rosebud parkruns. Annemarie’s first run at Lillydale lake was on the 2nd April 2016, has a current PB of 25:28 (achieved on her 50th run) and has volunteered 9 times.
- Damien Gardner (50 parkruns): Damien has run 41 times at Lillydale Lake parkrun with tourist trips to Mullum Mullum, Inverloch, Albert, Phillip Island, Bright and Hagley parkruns. Damien’s first run at Lillydale lake was on the 9th July 2016, has a current PB of 18:45 and has volunteered 3 times.
This week's awesome achievements:Congratulations to everyone who managed to improve on their own PB this week (all 36 of you), with a special shout-out to everyone who has recorded more than 30 local parkruns:
- Jacob Hayles (50 parkruns): With his 2nd PB for 2018, Jacob took 4 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 20:54 (on his 50th run).
- Jared Byrne (65 parkruns): With his 2nd PB for 2018, Jared took 3 seconds off his previous best to record a new PB of 19:53.
- Nicola Sweet (75 parkruns): With her 7th PB in the last 10 runs, Nicola took 34 seconds off her previous best to record a new PB of 26:13.
- Elka Mallon (152 parkruns): With her 3rd PB in the last 4 runs, Elka took 7 seconds off her previous best to record a new PB of 22:22.
As always thank-you to our volunteers who made this event happen. Our photos this week are by Carolyn Sloan
The weekly stats report:
Lillydale Lake parkrun started on 26th April 2014. Since then 3,820 participants have completed 30,410 parkruns covering a total distance of 152,050 km, including 5,260 new Personal Bests. This week 200 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 11 were first timers and 36 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 17 different clubs took part. The event was made possible by 12 volunteers: Sarah LOVE • Rebecca HEASMAN • Mak SAWA • Elka MALLON • Kylie DEALY • Paul BROWN • Des KEUKEN • Jacob WHITE • Troy MCDONALD • Mark HAYWARD • Toko OSADCZUK • Carolyn SLOAN
1st Beth REDMAN (VW45-49) – 21:09
2nd Elka MALLON (VW35-39) – 22:22
3rd Kylie DEALY (SW30-34) – 22:47
1st Dan BEARD (VM40-44) – 17:12
2nd Simon RYAN (SM30-34) – 17:26
3rd Kieran CANTWELL (SM30-34) – 18:05
The female record is held by Rebecca ROSEL who recorded a time of 17:46 on 24th May 2014 (event number 5).
The male record is held by Tim NORTON who recorded a time of 14:54 on 17th February 2018 (event number 200).
The Age Grade course record is held by Lavinia PETRIE who recorded 104.06% (21:45) on 25th October 2014 (event number 27).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lillydale Lake parkrun Results Page.