The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at David Collins Drive, Endeavour Hills. The course is run on a mixture of gravel paths, concrete paths and timber bridges. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Frog Hollow parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Frog Hollow parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Frog Hollow parkrun in a larger map
This is a flat, out and back course with an extra loop of the lake, travelling first in an anti-clockwise direction departing from the North East corner of the main lake at Frog Hollow Reserve. Starting on the path at the end of the gravel car park, follow the path and head west toward the lake. Turn right at the lake so that the lake is on your left. Follow the path, keeping the lake on your left for approximately 875m until you reach the boardwalk. Veer right onto the boardwalk and follow that path until you reach a T intersection. At the intersection, turn right and follow the path under the Freeway. Stay on the main path for approximately 735m, continuing past the BBQ shelter, playground, bmx track and back of the houses until you reach the turn-around point at Arcadia Avenue, where the path would take a sharp right hand turn if you were to continue along it. Complete a U turn and continue back the way you came, going under the Freeway again, turning left toward the boardwalk. Continue back around the lake in a clockwise direction and complete one full lap of the lake, then another half lap. When you reach the north west corner, turn left to head back toward the gravel car park, finishing near the start line
Playground and Toilets near Start/Finish area, street parking along James Cook Drive and David Collins Drive.
Alternative parking at Gunns Rd Reserve Scout Hall, then 10 minute walk to Start/Finish area following course.
Location of start
The run starts on the path at the end of the gravel car park.
Getting there by public transport
From Dandenong Railway Station, catch the 861 bus to bus stop on James Cook Drive near Forrest Crt. Walk South on James Cook Drive to path between #362 & #368 James Cook Drive and enter Frog Hollow Reserve.
Getting there on foot
Option A - Enter Frog Hollow Reserve via path between #362 & #368 James Cook Drive then head South towards Start/Finish area
Option B - Enter Frog Hollow Reserve via path between #64 & #84 David Collins Drive then head North along path towards Start/Finish area near Ovals.
Option C - Enter Gunns Reserve at Scout Hall via Gunns Rd, Hallam. Travel East on path and go through Freeway underpass. Turn left onto path between lakes then follow path around, keeping the main lake on your right until you reach the Start/Finish area.
Getting there by road
From M1 Monash Freeway, take Belgrave Hallam Rd exit and head North. Continue onto Hallam North Rd. Turn left at traffic lights onto James Cook Dr. Turn left after first roundabout onto David Collins Dr. Park along James Cook Drive or David Collins drive in designated parking bays, ensuring residents still have access to their property. Please note parkrunners are not to park anywhere within Frog Hollow Reserve.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in a local café - please come and join us!