We appreciate the effort our volunteers put in, and thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their efforts. This week we have to thank:
Damien BARDETTA • Elena NESS-WILSON • Ella ROSS • Kaitlin RADSTAAK • Karen KING • Maria MURPHY • Michael PHILLIPS • Olivia JOHNSON • Robert JOHNSON
Event 9 photos thanks to Damien Bardetta
* Newy parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by Throsby Creek on Arnold St, Carrington.
* Lake Mac parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Edwards Park, First St Booragul.
* Fingal Bay parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting at Fingal Bay Surf Life Saving Club.
* Blackbutt parkrun - 8am every Saturday, starting by the Pond Shelter in Richley Reserve Blackbutt (off Freyburg St New Lambton). The fourth Region of Runners parkrun presents a challenge of hills and trails for runners looking to add a new dimension to their parkrun. Council have asked participants to park in the Richley Reserve carpark to avoid offending neighbours: A small fee applies which is used to maintain the park.
* Maitland parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Walka Water Works.
* Lakeview parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Green Point Reserve, Belmont.
* Mt Penang parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Mt Penang Gardens, Kariong.
* Singleton parkrun - 8am every Saturday, at Rose Point Park, Singleton.
* Maryville Magic Mile. Held on the first Monday of every month at 6:00pm, starting by the "Drop in the Ocean" children's playground on the waterfront path at Maryville.
* Visit Run Newcastle for more local events.
Zane COLEMAN (VM50-54) (Unattached) was first over the line in 19:30 - first appearance.
Andrew DOODSON (SM25-29) of Derek Zoolander Centre for Kids Who Can't Run Good, was second over the line in 20:30.
Danny COLEMAN (VM50-54) (Unattached) was third over the line in 21:30.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
Robert JOHNSON (LDS Fun Runners) 679 pts.
Elliot STEVENS (Unattached) 676 pts.
Phil MURPHY (Unattached) 635 pts.
Megan KING (VW35-39) of Newcastle Cross Country Club, was first (5th overall) over the line in 59:59 - second time in 3 appearances.
Julie HAYES (VW40-44) (Unattached) was second (14th overall) over the line in 59:59 - was first to finish once before.
Olivia DALAIS (SW18-19) (Unattached) was third (23rd overall) over the line in 59:59.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
Jaq NESS-WILSON (Unattached) 835 pts.
Belle NESS-WILSON (Unattached) 763 pts.
Kate D'ARCY (Unattached) 698 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
Zane COLEMAN (VM50-54) was graded 77.52% for the time 19:30 (first overall).
Danny COLEMAN (VM50-54) was graded 69.15% for the time 21:30 (third overall).
Andrew DOODSON (SM25-29) was graded 62.93% for the time 20:30 (second overall).
This week there were 77 runners, of whom 8 were first timers and 2 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 8 different athletics clubs took part.
Blue Gum Hills parkrun started on 6th September 2014, and since then 512 different runners, including participants from 21 athletics clubs, have completed 1,137 runs covering a total distance of 5,685 km, and there have been 225 new Personal Bests.
The women's record is held by Steph AUSTON who ran in a time of 00:18:43 on 2014-09-13 (event number 2).
The men's record is held by Lee WILTON who ran in a time of 00:17:55 on 2014-10-04 (event number 5).
The Age Grade course record is held by Steph AUSTON who recorded a 79.07% run (18:43) on 13th September 2014 (event number 2).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Blue Gum Hills parkrun Results Page.